Golden Princess going back to US in 2018?

A search on the new Golden cruises on Princess website reveals that Golden Princess will depart Melbourne on 18/3/2018 for Singapore and eventually arriving in Vancouver on 19/5/2018. Subsequent cruises have not been released.

It seems to suggest that Golden will based in Vancouver for the summer Alaska season in 2018?

A search on the new Golden cruises on Princess website reveals that Golden Princess will depart Melbourne on 18/3/2018 for Singapore and eventually arriving in Vancouver on 19/5/2018. Subsequent cruises have not been released.

It seems to suggest that Golden will based in Vancouver for the summer Alaska season in 2018?

Yes, noticed that the other day, it is doing a fabulous journey back via Asia, similar to a Circle Pacific, we did this on the Diamond a few years ago finishing in Vancouver, the best itinerary!! They are being sold as separate itineraries too, not just one big long one. Imagine cruising from Melbourne all the way to Vancouver!! Australia, Asia, Alaska and Canada!!

Golden is booked back in Sydney October 2018, so must be coming back via the Pacific/Hawaii. Lucky for those with lots of time:p

Edited by cheznandy

Yes, noticed that the other day, it is doing a fabulous journey back via Asia, similar to a Circle Pacific, we did this on the Diamond a few years ago finishing in Vancouver, the best itinerary!! They are being sold as separate itineraries too, not just one big long one. Imagine cruising from Melbourne all the way to Vancouver!! Australia, Asia, Alaska and Canada!!

Golden is booked back in Sydney October 2018, so must be coming back via the Pacific/Hawaii. Lucky for those with lots of time:p

I have been checking the cruise dockings in Melbourne for the Golden Princess for 2017, 2018, 2019. The Golden Princess is listed as docking in Melbourne on 23rd and 29th March 2018 before leaving Australia.

I am not sure where she will be spending the next few months, previously she has done the Asia routes.

She is listed as docking in Melbourne next on 12/10/18, 18/10/2018, 1/11/2018. 14/11/2018, 27/11/2018, 10/12/2018, 16/12/2018, 29/12/2018,

11/1/2019, 24/1/2019, 30/1/2019. 12/2/2019, 25/2/2019, 10/3/2019, 24/3/2019. She will most probably sailing to Tasmania, New Zealand and New Caledonia. I also note that the Emerald and Diamond Princesses will also be sailing in the Australian waters for the same seasons.

You could check out the cruise dockings on line for the various ports if you want to check further, they don't give the destinations though. The Auckland port dockings do show where the ships are sailing from and their next port of call.

Thanks for pointing out that cruise. Looks like a nice itinerary. I have to discuss with Pete. But we might be interested in going. Its a long way off though.

Thanks for pointing out that cruise. Looks like a nice itinerary. I have to discuss with Pete. But we might be interested in going. Its a long way off though.

We did the reverse on the Diamond but got off in China. It was wonderful.:D

I have been checking the cruise dockings in Melbourne for the Golden Princess for 2017, 2018, 2019. The Golden Princess is listed as docking in Melbourne on 23rd and 29th March 2018 before leaving Australia.

The 23rd and 29th have been cancelled as the Golden departs for Singapore on the 18th of March 2018. The other two dates were for when she was going to head up the east coast instead of going via Perth.

Wish I had of known that there was the possibility that it would continue on to Vancouver :( we are only going as far as Singapore and won't have the option to go further as we are taking our son with us this time.

Edited by Womble99

The 23rd and 29th have been cancelled as the Golden departs for Singapore on the 18th of March 2018. The other two dates were for when she was going to head up the east coast instead of going via Perth.

Wish I had of known that there was the possibility that it would continue on to Vancouver :( we are only going as far as Singapore and won't have the option to go further as we are taking our son with us this time.

A shame but I am sure you will ad your son will love it without going on further.:D

I don't think it's a continuos Melbourne to Vancouver cruise.

Isn't Golden going into Singapore dry dock ?

The schedule shows arrival SIN 2nd Apr, depart 14th Apr for Tokyo.

Didn't notice that 12 days:rolleyes:

Still a good itinerary from Singapore and an easy flight from OZ. We flew to Beijing to get the Diamond to Vancouver, so even better from Singapore.

Although I think it doubles up on a few Japanese ports before arriving in Tokyo and then departing.

Nice to see a Princess ship heading that way, we loved the sea days crossing the sea to Anchorage.

A shame but I am sure you will ad your son will love it without going on further.:D

Lol my son would be happy if the ship just turned circles in the harbor and never went anywhere as long as he was on board ;) Maybe one day we will find a long cruise in the school holidays we can take him on, they just never seem to appear either starting or finishing from Aus which would be ideal :(

Lol my son would be happy if the ship just turned circles in the harbor and never went anywhere as long as he was on board ;) Maybe one day we will find a long cruise in the school holidays we can take him on, they just never seem to appear either starting or finishing from Aus which would be ideal :(

Hey, so would I.

I suppose they cannot please everyone and they are sticking to what has been working for them. Some variety would be good though.:D

Didn't notice that 12 days:rolleyes:

Still a good itinerary from Singapore and an easy flight from OZ. We flew to Beijing to get the Diamond to Vancouver, so even better from Singapore.

Although I think it doubles up on a few Japanese ports before arriving in Tokyo and then departing.

Nice to see a Princess ship heading that way, we loved the sea days crossing the sea to Anchorage.

I've put a hold on a cabin this morning. There are quite a few cabins sold out on the 23 day crossing. Not sure if they actually sold or some are restricted for 16 day crossing.

Ships: Golden Princess

Ports: Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan | Shimizu, Japan | Osaka, Japan | Busan, South Korea | Sakaiminato, Japan | Hakodate, Japan | Muroran, Japan | Cross International Date Line | Anchorage (Whittier), Alaska | Hubbard Glacier, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Skagway, Alaska | Juneau, Alaska | Ketchikan, Alaska | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

However, the pricing for inside cabin at $2719 pp I think its a pretty good price comes out at $118 per person per day. Good smattering of ports too.

Edited by icat2000

I've put a hold on a cabin this morning. There are quite a few cabins sold out on the 23 day crossing. Not sure if they actually sold or some are restricted for 16 day crossing.

Ports: Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan | Shimizu, Japan | Osaka, Japan | Busan, South Korea | Sakaiminato, Japan | Hakodate, Japan | Muroran, Japan | Cross International Date Line | Anchorage (Whittier), Alaska | Hubbard Glacier, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Skagway, Alaska | Juneau, Alaska | Ketchikan, Alaska | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

However, the pricing for inside cabin at $2719 pp I think its a pretty good price comes out at $118 per person per day. Good smattering of ports too.

Good one, some great ports to visit there.

We've also done a hold. Gives us a chance to explore some more of Japan pre cruise. We were looking at the Diamond repositioning Sydney-Yokohama a few weeks before this one, but much prefer this itinerary.

Also its got the two glaciers in the Alaska leg.

Good luck, looks like a good one.

Also its got the two glaciers in the Alaska leg.

Keep an eye out for all the wildlife when sailing into see the glaciers (Hubbard and Glacier Bay), normally wolves, bears, eagles, otters, etc, can be easily seen from the ship if you are lucky.

Edited by MicCanberra

gosh that's a little disappointing was very much hoping she would be doing the circle the pacific again:mad:

Maybe they feel that the sales in 2016 and 2017 haven't been as strong.

Also this cruise is well priced.

Ships: Golden Princess 24 days on Golden Princess Wed, Jun 14, 2017

$4609 pp inside.

Ports: Osaka, Japan | Cross International Date Line | Anchorage (Seward), Alaska | Hubbard Glacier, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Skagway, Alaska | Icy Strait Point, Alaska | Ketchikan, Alaska | Seattle, Washington | Victoria, British Columbia, Canada | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | San Francisco, California | Los Angeles, California

Compared to 23 days $2719 pp.

Ships: Golden Princess Fri, Apr 27, 2018

Edited by icat2000

Maybe they feel that the sales in 2016 and 2017 haven't been as strong.

Also this cruise is well priced.

Ships: Golden Princess 24 days on Golden Princess Wed, Jun 14, 2017

$4609 pp inside.

Ports: Osaka, Japan | Cross International Date Line | Anchorage (Seward), Alaska | Hubbard Glacier, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising) | Skagway, Alaska | Icy Strait Point, Alaska | Ketchikan, Alaska | Seattle, Washington | Victoria, British Columbia, Canada | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | San Francisco, California | Los Angeles, California

Compared to 23 days $2719 pp.

Ships: Golden Princess Fri, Apr 27, 2018

2016 CP sold out real quick, balconies gone in about a fortnight.

2017 on Golden hasn't sold as well. (better itinerary in my opinion).

When 2016 first came out I was told they were looking at doing it maybe every second year, perhaps they've realised that's the way to go. They've also got Circle SA in there. Maybe just too many long cruises on offer, after all they've still got a WC out if Sydney each year.

My guess is the WCs will keep going, CP every second year and another long cruise Circle SA or similar in the other year.

2016 CP sold out real quick, balconies gone in about a fortnight.

2017 on Golden hasn't sold as well. (better itinerary in my opinion).

When 2016 first came out I was told they were looking at doing it maybe every second year, perhaps they've realised that's the way to go. They've also got Circle SA in there. Maybe just too many long cruises on offer, after all they've still got a WC out if Sydney each year.

My guess is the WCs will keep going, CP every second year and another long cruise Circle SA or similar in the other year.

I'm hoping they bring back that Africa one sometime. Plus they have the Cherry Blossom cruise. But I see they not offering it in 2018. Maybe they mixing it up a bit.

I'm hoping they bring back that Africa one sometime. Plus they have the Cherry Blossom cruise. But I see they not offering it in 2018. Maybe they mixing it up a bit.

They cannot do it all every year, so rotating around the popular longer itineraries keeps everyone happy and prices higher.