What is the closest hotel to the cruise ship terminal at Circular Quay Sydney?

FunforGin

Spend big and stay at the Hyatt, right on the water but $$$$$$$$$$$$.:loudcry:

With Holiday Inn if you join their loyalty club on IHG you generally get much better prices. I got the best price available when I booked H.I in Southampton next year, they threw in breakfast for IHG members.

With Holiday Inn if you join their loyalty club on IHG you generally get much better prices. I got the best price available when I booked H.I in Southampton next year, they threw in breakfast for IHG members.

Yeah Park Hyatt.... ouch.

There are plenty of options, it will come down to your budget. Jump on Google Maps and you'll see just how close some of these options are. Once you work out what you're willing to spend per night, you can then choose something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The closer you get to the harbour, the more expensive the hotels are, most charge exorbitant prices.

Darling Harbour hotels are sometimes on promo, i.e. Holiday Inn, Novotel, Ibis, all fine.

Or around Central, where we normally stay because of the price.:halo:

Uncle Les could you please send me $1100 so I ca stay at the Grand Hyatt in Feb.before I jump on the Ovationclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

The closer you get to the harbour, the more expensive the hotels are, most charge exorbitant prices.

Darling Harbour hotels are sometimes on promo, i.e. Holiday Inn, Novotel, Ibis, all fine.

Or around Central, where we normally stay because of the price.:halo:

Early this year we stayed at the IBIS, in Pitt St for just this reason, but sometimes I get the HI for the same $$$ we paid, we also often stay at the Grace or Travelodge for the same reason.

I assume you are leaving from Circular Quay. Depends on your fitness and budget and the reason why you want to be close to the cruise terminal. If you wish to be very close to the terminal will pay top $. Alternatively there is the Wynyard Travelodge (motel accommodation) in York Street, and next door The York Apartments if you are staying a few days pre cruise. Both are close the Wynyard Train Station and within walking distance to the ship. The walk is easy and not as many $$'s as some closer. There are plenty of comfortable hotels to stay in the CDB only a taxi ride from the terminal.

Thanks for your advice, had a look and I think I would go with Holiday Inn, price is reasonable.....as long as it's clean and the bed is comfortable I'm happy.

Just as a matter of interest, if any of you are using a travel agent, do you just book your cruise and flights with them, or do you get them to book your accommodation as well? I'm inclined towards booking the accommodation myself as I seem to get better rates when booking directly with the hotel....just wondered if that's the best way to go?

Thanks for your advice, had a look and I think I would go with Holiday Inn, price is reasonable.....as long as it's clean and the bed is comfortable I'm happy.

Just as a matter of interest, if any of you are using a travel agent, do you just book your cruise and flights with them, or do you get them to book your accommodation as well? I'm inclined towards booking the accommodation myself as I seem to get better rates when booking directly with the hotel....just wondered if that's the best way to go?

Definitely check into it as it can vary and sometimes work in your favor

We are booked Old Sydney Holiday Inn for four nights in April prior to our TransPacific on Explorer of the Seas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would really like to book into a hotel that's as close as possible to where the cruise ships leave from at Circular Quay; can anyone give me some suggestions please?

Four Seasons. We walked to the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we are staying at northsydney harbourview hotel....yes it is on the otherside of the bay but they have a cruise package....room with a view of the harbour...breakfast ....and a shuttle to dock of the cruise ship we are travelling in november price for the night in the above package $230

we are staying at northsydney harbourview hotel....yes it is on the otherside of the bay but they have a cruise package....room with a view of the harbour...breakfast ....and a shuttle to dock of the cruise ship we are travelling in november price for the night in the above package $230

Stayed there, $230 is a good price for that very nice 4 star hotel with brekkie and shuttle.:p

I never use a TA to book accommodation.

When we had to through work, they always came up with a higher price and then added their service fee on top.

The agents want their 15%. My son who is in the travel industry big time says the major accommodation suppliers take up to 15% commission. The high street travel agents can also get up to 15%.

I am a member of most hotel groups loyalty clubs and book my hotels direct.:') So I am the high street travel agents worst nightmare. Book my flights and cruises direct with the airline/cruise line as well.:halo:

The agents want their 15%. My son who is in the travel industry big time says the major accommodation suppliers take up to 15% commission. The high street travel agents can also get up to 15%.

I am a member of most hotel groups loyalty clubs and book my hotels direct.:') So I am the high street travel agents worst nightmare. Book my flights and cruises direct with the airline/cruise line as well.:halo:

Agree that you can save a lot of money by just being a member of a hotel loyalty group.

Agree that you can save a lot of money by just being a member of a hotel loyalty group.

..and on that note, as I am trying to retain my Gold Accor status, does anyone know which would be the closest Accor hotel to Circular Quay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

..and on that note, as I am trying to retain my Gold Accor status, does anyone know which would be the closest Accor hotel to Circular Quay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are a few Accor hotels, close to Circular Quay, some closer than others...

Swissotel, Novotel Darling Harbour, Sofitel Darling Harbour (opening in Oct)

Quay West Circular Quay, Pullman Grand Sydney Harbour, Harbour Rocks and the Ibis Darling Harbour. :cool:

I quite like the Accor Mecure brand, stayed in the one in Sydney and more recently at Mecure Townsville, NQ, excellent resort type hotel.