5.8 earthquake near wellington, nz

NSWP

About half hour ago, a 5.8 earthquake in NZ. I hope our Kiwi friends are all OK.

Feel sorry for those affected in Mexico after the big quake today. They are having a rough time.

Edited by NSWP

About half hour ago, a 5.8 earthquake near Wellington, NZ. I hope our Kiwi friends are all OK.

Feel sorry for those affected in Mexico after the big quake today. They are having a rough time.

There was another one a little bit earlier in Invercargill as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11924453

Wait till Saturday .....thats when the earth will really move.....its our Election Day..:confused:

There was another one a little bit earlier in Invercargill as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11924453

Wait till Saturday .....thats when the earth will really move.....its our Election Day..:confused:

Did you feel the two quakes David? :* Yes Invercargill and Seddon, hope it all settles down.

No. I have never felt a quake in Auckland .....yet.:eek:

Think I mentioned years ago, some 5 years ago after a Solstice cruise was in the high rise hotel in Auckland opposite Uni and there was a little 3.5 shake, the earth moved. But was involved in the big one in Lima - Peru in August 2007, when I was over there for a few weeks visiting my son. Now I am an earthquake freak, monitoring etc.:mad::eek:

Think I mentioned years ago, some 5 years ago after a Solstice cruise was in the high rise hotel in Auckland opposite Uni and there was a little 3.5 shake, the earth moved. But was involved in the big one in Lima - Peru in August 2007, when I was over there for a few weeks visiting my son. Now I am an earthquake freak, monitoring etc.:mad::eek:

Hubby was in the USN taking meds and supplies to Lima in the 1970 earthquake on the USS Guam.:loudcry:

Hubby was in the USN taking meds and supplies to Lima in the 1970 earthquake on the USS Guam.:loudcry:

Thanks, read about that one, a big one.:(

Great to see the USA has sent Search and Rescue teams to Mexico re the recent 'Tremblor' as they call earthquakes in Mexico. In Peru they call them 'Terremotos.'

Thank you, you learn something every day. My heart also goes out to the many once beautiful Caribbean Islands and their people. Between Mother Nature and Rocket Man this world is getting scary.

Certainly agree with your comments. Stay safe and let us cruise while we can.:cool:

Thank you, you learn something every day. My heart also goes out to the many once beautiful Caribbean Islands and their people. Between Mother Nature and Rocket Man this world is getting scary.

The world has always been scary, it just depends on who is the one being scared.

I am betting the recent earthquakes are a direct result of vibrations and shock waves through the earth caused by that despot in north korea detonating his nuclear devices. I am hoping and praying that his regime is taken out by the US asap. I would love to see the day of that despots demise and that country wiped of the face of the planet. I would just love to see it.

We in the US never heard of your recent quakes as our news was swamped with all the hurricanes. Hope all is well. Your theory sounds logicial you me.

With the Olympics taking place soon in South Korea, our hearts go out to this side of the world........who know's what Rocket Man will do now that sanctions will take place.

We are really looking forward to visiting AU/NZ in 2019

Be safe my new friends!

animated-gifs-kangaroos-007.gif

We in the US never heard of your recent quakes as our news was swamped with all the hurricanes. Hope all is well. Your theory sounds logicial you me.

With the Olympics taking place soon in South Korea, our hearts go out to this side of the world........who know's what Rocket Man will do now that sanctions will take place.

We are really looking forward to visiting AU/NZ in 2019

Be safe my new friends!

animated-gifs-kangaroos-007.gif

No worries Ocean Dancer, I think we will make you an Honorary Aussie, talking to us on CC and with your signature Aussie Flag and Roo, I like it. :hearteyes:

Great sig block.:)

Just remember to be a true Aussie, you have to eat (at least part of one) the animals on Australian Coat of Arms.

If cooked correctly, either roo or emu are delicious.

Emu..........check, our neighbor's raise them. Looking forward to Kangaroo steak. My DH used to hunt deer, so I've had venison. What an adventure we will have!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1WHSghQH4JADmx7kvjJf3Iq5pbAt468AAAr5QsBXlN19UhH9Aiw

Emu..........check, our neighbor's raise them. Looking forward to Kangaroo steak. My DH used to hunt deer, so I've had venison. What an adventure we will have!!

Nice emblem. When I lived n Sydney, friend of mine operated the bistro at Engadine Hotel. He had a dish called 'Aussie Emblem' Kangaroo, Emu and Crocodile, nice fillets grilled.

Excellent, just like venison it needs to be medium rare at the most or it will get very tough and gamey.

Our neighbors

1d55b3b8bb982dc43575173cc6826652?AccessKeyId=52AEB6C14436B28ECFAA&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

a2c891f82aa69ae06a0a681f58ca1a2c?AccessKeyId=52AEB6C14436B28ECFAA&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

We sell Emu meat and Emu oil products.

Pine Hill Farms Emus are raised on a free range environment in Newark, DE. Our Emus are fed the highest quality emu feed and are treated with respect, compassion and dignity.

Emu Meat:

Emu meat is low in fat and cholesterol and is recognized by the American Heart Association as a heart healthy red meat.

Emu Oil products:

We sell a a line of products from Purple Emu. The products are produced exclusively from 100% AEA certified emu oil. We offer the finest quality products at the lowest possible price. In fact, we are so sure you will be happy with our fine products that they are covered by a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee. We hope you enjoy using Purple Emu Oil Products and that you share your new discovery with family and friends! The Aborigines of Australia have used emu oil for more than a thousand years to reduce the pain and swelling of arthritis, heal wounds and reduce the pain, itch and swelling of insect bites. Research has shown that emu oil contains a high level of linoleic acid, known to temporarily ease joint pain. It also contains oleic acid, which produces an anti -inflammatory effect. Combine these properties with emu oil's unique ability to penetrate deep into the skin and you can see why scientists the world over are exploring the tremendous potential of emu oil in medical and cosmetic applications.