so the AIBP is now the premier package

and $86 per day thank you, i know aussies like a drink but an xtra $648 on a 12 day cruise???? i don't think so.

Curious. What is AIBP? Are you saying $172 per couple per day for alcohol ? That is more than I just spent per day on my recent holiday for two for four star accommodation, food and entertainment!!

Curious. What is AIBP? Are you saying $172 per couple per day for alcohol ? That is more than I just spent per day on my recent holiday for two for four star accommodation, food and entertainment!!

all inclusive beverage package, looks like drinks are also increasing to $16 max

Almost obscene paying $172 per diem for grog.:')

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

• All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
  • Bottled water (500ml only)
  • Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
  • Gong Cha items (if available) 

• Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
  • Smoothies and milk shakes (if available) 

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

so i take it no spirits now?????

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

• All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
  • Bottled water (500ml only)
  • Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
  • Gong Cha items (if available) 

• Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
  • Smoothies and milk shakes (if available) 

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

so i take it no spirits now?????

Can anybody tell me which Cruise Line your quoting?

sorry but never known a gin and tonic to be a cocktail, and a 45% increase.

In Aussie speak...'G & T is a spirit with mixer.' At my local club for $6. :p As are all standard spirits with a mixer. Oh, members get 10% discount so $5.40 :* The more you drink the more you save.

until you get to 15 drinks.

And I can't drink beer - Coeliac - GF and no ciders in package which I drink. So no package for me, also you cannot get a bottle of wine at dinner? you have to get it by the glass on the package? Not good enough.:evilsmile:

And I can't drink beer - Coeliac - GF and no ciders in package which I drink. So no package for me, also you cannot get a bottle of wine at dinner? you have to get it by the glass on the package? Not good enough.:evilsmile:

you can buy a bottle and get only 25% discount, used to be 40%

We have a 38 night cruise next year and the drinks package for that will now cost $3400 for my husband. That is all he ever wants on a cruise... Thats the price of another holiday. Very disappointed.

Holy moly !! $3400 :loudcry::eek: My wife would kill me if I demanded that. :eek: We budget $50 per diem max per couple for booze, 1 pre dinner drink and cheapest bottle of wine in MDR, often only drink half and leave half for next night.:halo: Good lad I am.

In Aussie speak...'G & T is a spirit with mixer.' At my local club for $6. :p As are all standard spirits with a mixer. Oh, members get 10% discount so $5.40 :* The more you drink the more you save.

Great price for G&T Uncle Les, I wish the Catalina club was around the corner from meclear.png?emoji-cool-1690

I am onboard the Golden now.....yes the AIBP is $86 AUD.per day....cocktails $13.95 and the drinks in Skywalkers elite/suite etc are $8.50.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Hey do you know how much a basic Vodka/soda and a full strength beer cost? We'll be on soon and just weighing it all up.

I'm not impressed. Price up and add a limit! At least before you could have a big day then a slow day and it would even out, now your slow day will cost you maybe. And uping the drink price to $16.00... We don't want anything that expensive, i'd be on the floor HAHA!!

I've worked out if you drink 15 drinks they will be $5.80 each... 10 drinks $8.70... 5 drinks $17.40...

We have a 38 night cruise next year and the drinks package for that will now cost $3400 for my husband. That is all he ever wants on a cruise... Thats the price of another holiday. Very disappointed.

If the cruise is port intensive, would it be possible for him to enjoy his alcohol on shore, knowing he will be able to afford another holiday.

Seems a bit extreme to have increased so much, the princess cellars prices haven’t done so? Depends on how much you drink but if it is $86, not sure I will bother, take a couple of bottles of wine onboard, pre order a couple of 350ml bottles of Scotch for the Cabin both of which I don’t normally do as the AIDP is, well was! Reasonably priced.

Will still enjoy a few beers in the bars and lounges and aglass of wine with dinner, and have a few drinks ashore which normally I don’t, can’t see myself getting past $50 a day.

Princess loss by increasing so much, although appreciate prices go up, about a 5% or 7.5% increase I would see as reasonable but what’s this……….wellover 30%!!!!!

May even be doing me a favour as the drinks package does in some ways put temptation in my way :-)

Edited by Hammer61

This change is very recent. I got off Golden Princess yesterday and bought the drinks package for the last 15 day cruise. It was $59/day.

Would I do it again? Unlikely. I found there were many days when I didn't feel like a drink therefore a it was waste of money. The longer the voyage, the less likely I'd feel like drinking every day.