Your own wine for dinner

Nangelina

Sailing on Freedom Sunday, October 2 and I understand you can take your bottle of wine or champagne to the dinning room. Has anyone done this? Do they keep the bottle for you? Seems like they would end up with a lot of bottles to stock and keep track of and yet I don't want to carry an opened bottle in a public area. How does this work? We've always just ordered our drinks at dinner but we are a large group this time and I know it will be brought up. Thanks for your input.

You can keep and carry your own bottle. Generally when we carry one on the ship we just grasp it by the neck and off we go. It's not a big deal at all. You can poor it in your cabin and carry it to the mdr if you are worried about a bottle.

Edited by setsail

Sailing on Freedom Sunday, October 2 and I understand you can take your bottle of wine or champagne to the dinning room. Has anyone done this? Do they keep the bottle for you? Seems like they would end up with a lot of bottles to stock and keep track of and yet I don't want to carry an opened bottle in a public area. How does this work? We've always just ordered our drinks at dinner but we are a large group this time and I know it will be brought up. Thanks for your input.

Your waiter will keep your bottle for you and put your table number and name on it. It will be waiting for you when you return the next evening.

Kathy

The dining room people can keep your opened bottle for you. They have been doing this for years, it's not a problem.

If you take your own bottle to the dining room they are happy to open it and store it if you don't finish it. A small tip would be nice since you brought your own. Otherwise do as the previous poster said and pour a glass in your room and take it with you to the MDR.

Thanks so much everybody!

Bring it first night, and they keep it for you, and it stays much colder, then in the room..

You can take your bottle to the dining room and the waiters will keep it for you, if not fully consumed.

A bottle has five glasses of wine in it. If you have a large group, you probably don't need to worry about having leftovers.

Hmmm..depends on the size of the glass and the pour.

DH and I can kill a whole bottle pretty quick over a long dinner. ;)

Large group? Multiple bottles needed. :D

Edited by island lady

Hmmm..depends on the size of the glass and the pour.

DH and I can kill a whole bottle pretty quick over a long dinner. ;)

Large group? Multiple bottles needed. :D

There are approximately 25 ounces in a standard 750 ml bottle. A typical restaurant pour is 5-6 ounces.

Thanks for all the replays. At first I felt a little cheap about 6 couples each carrying a bottle of wine to the MDR. Seems like a BYOB party! But then after careful consideration, RCCL has started to charge for so many things, I guess it is one way we can control some of our expenses. Although like you said that bottle of wine will be gone with one sitting!

You are correct but those 5-6 ounce pours are not enough for us.

Preach it. we just had our anniversary dinner at the local fancy schmancy place downtown. normally we like to each get different glasses and ..share.. but this time we both zeroed on a specific wine and the waiter suggested we just go ahead and get the bottle since it was going to work out to 4 glasses (based on their pours which were VERY generous) and cheaper over getting 2 refills later.