If not Lindblad, then what? Looking for disabled-friendly adv. cruise line

Lindblad looks amazing, but may be just a wee bit too challenging for my disabled husband. He can walk with some assistance, but his balance is impaired. Are there other adventure/educational cruise lines out there that would be a bit 'easier' for our needs?

Thank you.

Which Lindblad ship itinerary are you looking at?

While I would never claim to be able to assess your husband's needs, I might resemble him, and I got on OK in Antarctica. My review, and I'd be happy to answer questions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751600

Galapagos, on the other hand, is just unsuitable for people with mobility issues. That's not up to Lindblad, but the obtuse Park Rules.

I've been told the Sea Lion/Sea Bird ships would not suit me. I would go on Explorer again, no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

On the Kimberley cruise last year, on the Orion, there were a couple of people using walkers. The crew got them on and off of the zodiaks and onto the beaches just like everybody else. The only restriction for them was being unable to do some of the hikes.

Not all of Lindblad's ships have elevators, so that might limit you to going with Orion or Explorer. But that still leaves a lot of interesting itineraries.