Which is missed most?

macaroni

We made both our tender ports (Punta Arenas and Falkland Islands) this past winter without problems. Where we did have a problem was in Ushuaia where we were docked. During the day the wind came up and was pushing the ship so hard against the dock that we departed about 6 hours late!

What time of year were your cruises?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise was in late December. As far as I know, all cruises rounding Cape Horn are during the Southern Hemisphere's summer months (i.e., winter for those of us north of the Equator) - December through March.

Our cruise was in late December. As far as I know, all cruises rounding Cape Horn are during the Southern Hemisphere's summer months (i.e., winter for those of us north of the Equator) - December through March.

As far as I know you are right that all cruises are during their summer. I would imagine mid summer would have the fewest storms and missed ports but don't know that is the case so that is why I asked when.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as I know you are right that all cruises are during their summer. I would imagine mid summer would have the fewest storms and missed ports but don't know that is the case so that is why I asked when.

Looking at your itinerary on the Prinsendam, Punta Arenas is not a tender port for that ship.

Having said that, we (Zaandam) had to wait about four hours for a Pilot to arrive because he had to navigate choppy waters. It made us a little late arriving in Punta Arenas.

Looking at your itinerary on the Prinsendam, Punta Arenas is not a tender port for that ship.

Having said that, we (Zaandam) had to wait about four hours for a Pilot to arrive because he had to navigate choppy waters. It made us a little late arriving in Punta Arenas.

Good information on the wait for a pilot. Thanks!