Proposal

Hi guys just signed up here really hoping someone would be able to help me out, thinking of proposing during my cruise this summer. It will be our first cruise. We are porting in ocho rios and grand cayman. I was thinking about doing it during the time

We're in Jamaica but looking for some help in picking a really good place. Ive heard Dunns river falls, the blue hole and the ruins restaurant. Just wondering what people think and if maybe I would be better off somewhere else (in ocho rios or a different part of the cruise) thank you very much

You might consider posting this where more people talking about Jamaica can see it.

Having said that, I'd rule out Dunns River Falls unless you're popping the question and picking out a ring later. My fiance proposed in the water at one of our favorite spots on the lake and "my first thought once I realized what he had in his hand was that I would have to say no because I was afraid he would drop the ring in the water and it would be lost" is forever a part of the story of our engagement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

My sister almost lost her ring in the water. Her husband put it in the mouth of a fish they just caught. You could also propose on the ship. My fiancé proposed in the main show room in front of more than 1,000 people. He did an amazing job. The Hotel Director helped him with his plans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello - congrats on your future engagement (or current engagement depending on if you have already cruised!) I am currently planning a cruise wedding but saw this post and it drew my attention since I was proposed to during our recent cruise in June. With that said, my now fiancé proposed on the ship the night of elegant night while we were getting pictures taken. You said it was your first cruise, so to further explain - on Carnival cruise line (not sure if every cruise line does this) they have professional photographers around the ship before dinner with backdrops. This was our second cruise so we were aware of this and he had planned to propose while we were getting pictures taken so that the photographer could capture the moment. ( I was clueless since on our first cruise we took pictures and I didn't think anything of) I tried attaching the pictures but it said they were too large so feel free to reach out if you would like to see and I can email them. (just an FYI the photos are $22 a piece so if you do go this route expect to pay for the photos). Good luck with whatever option you chose and I am sure she will love it!