Dressy enough?

Cruising on Anthem of the Seas and doing formal for the first time in years. I wanted a dress I would wear again and bought this... Dressy enough with heals and jewelry?

ca6c3e3a2e5c9e46faca874f8f67103b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by familycruzer

Very cute dress, but the only thing formal about it is the color (pretty much all the ladies wear black dresses to formal night). It does look like a dress that'd you could wear to work, church, or out to dinner on a regular basis, which makes it a good value. Though it isn't formal, you'll see other ladies wearing similar dresses.

Note that you're talking about wearing heels, not heals.

Absolutely. You will see people walking around in a bit of everything on formal night. The dress will look great with some bright colored jewelry. Things have loosened up a lot from what they used to be when everyone was decked out in evening gowns and tuxes. There is still some of that but I felt that we were really in the minority when we dressed up that much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Is RCI dressier than HAL's Gala nights (newish alternative to Formal)? We can always eat in the buffet...

Royal has relaxed their enforcement of the dress codes in recent years. You will actually see everything imaginable on any given night in the dining room. You don't have to go to the buffet (although it is EXCELLENT at dinner and very relaxed and wonderful! :D ). Wear something clean and neat and you'll be fine in the dining room.