Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 29

pierces

Matthew was watching TV in the entertainment area and as kids do, he was moving about the room trying every location and position to find the optimal viewing angle. After a while, he settled on lying prone, propped on the Jake and the Never Land Pirates folding sofa pillow with his feet under one of the chairs. I noticed the foot in question when the dog came over to check out the seemingly disembodied leg. I watched the fidgeting foot for a bit and of course, grabbed the camera. The light was very bad and though I had the 85mm f/1.4 mounted, the best I could get at f/1.4 with ISO set at 3200 was 1/15s. Nowhere near fast enough to freeze motion, so it was fidget, stop, snap, fidget, stop, snap...

Exactly One Foot

p2434303289-5.jpg

Dave

That is pretty darn awesome!

Dave

Thanks! I'm really trying to work on composition, and I like the slight offset of the drum so the tips of the sticks become part of the story.

Too deep?

Like the child's foot, I'm trying to pull neat things out of simple settings. Feel like I fell into "snapshot" mode and got lazy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

...Feel like I fell into "snapshot" mode and got lazy..

I teeter on the edge of that pit all of the time. Forcing myself to look for something with a story is one of the reasons I started the Picture-A-Week project.

Dave

Excellent work shootr!

Sent from my phone, using the app.

Thanks! Man it sounds sick with brushes. Now I'm cruising the forums for the rest of a matching kit...and I thought it was my camera hobby that would get me divorced...:D