Taormina on a scooter

Scooter girl 58

It's a while since I was there, but to get there you either have to take a bus, taxi or cable car. So, unless the bus is accessible you would need a taxi. Once there, it is on the flat no the shopping street is pedestrianised.

Why don't you put a question on Tripadvisor in the Taormina forum as you will probably get a better response.

Unfortunately I believe this would be very tricky for you, as at the car park (Lumbi)you have to transfer to a local shuttle bus to get up into Taormina itself (very little if any tourist traffic is allowed.) I don't think you would be able to transfer your scooter onto the shuttle bus.

Edited by Morgans

We did the Taormina on your own tour on Celebrity and they let you off in a parking garage with a lift up several floors. Then you can walk into town, you are just on the edge. The previous year we did the Taormina tour with HAL. Both ships docked in Catania. We could see smaller ships tendering from the bay below Taormina. EM

The lift is what you would need rather than the shuttle bus then - Princess tour staff should be able to let you know how the excursion is organised. Perhaps posters on the Princess boards would have more information for you.

Edited by Morgans

Thank you all for your help. I know it won't be easy, but I have not given up on it yet. I have managed Venice, St Petersburg, Tallinn, ( I will never forget those cobbles!) Rome and New York to name but a few, most places are possible if you do your research. I think I will wait until I am on board and then go and have a chat with the excursions team. I am hoping to be able to go as I don't like the look of Messina it's self.

• 6 months later...
Unfortunately I believe this would be very tricky for you, as at the car park (Lumbi)you have to transfer to a local shuttle bus to get up into Taormina itself (very little if any tourist traffic is allowed.) I don't think you would be able to transfer your scooter onto the shuttle bus.

We did the Taormina on your own tour on Celebrity and they let you off in a parking garage with a lift up several floors. Then you can walk into town, you are just on the edge. The previous year we did the Taormina tour with HAL. Both ships docked in Catania. We could see smaller ships tendering from the bay below Taormina. EM

Perhaps late to the party but..

Lumbi parking garage is on the north side of Taormina and should not be the garage of your choice as described above.

The other mentioned parking garage is Parking Garage Porta Catania which has a street level exit to the Corso Umberto main shopping street.

:)