Best "weather/conditions" activities to do in ports in February

anteaters

Hi! I just booked a cruise for my daughter, granddaughters (15 and 12), and me (68 grandmother) for mid-late February, 2018. There will only be four port days, the other six sea days, so I want to make the most out of our days in port (Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Mazatlán, and Cabo San Lucas.) None of us like snorkeling in 70 degree water so I think snorkeling is out. Princess excursions for four get expensive and are usually only for a few hours of the day besides although I'm fine with one or two splurges. I don't know if the water is warm enough for a splurge like Puerto Vallarto's Las Caletas tour to be worth it or not--maybe there's still enough to do without swimming/snorkeling there on that excursion. But if you can give me any ideas for those ports that would take up several hours at least and be enjoyable, either ship excursions/non-ship excursions/on-our-own that are very safe feeling, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Mazatlan

Grab a Pulmonia (a souped up golf cart) just outside of port. They'll give you a tour then drop you off wherever you want. About $20+ tip.

Manzanilla take the ship tour to Colima and Comala. Might be called something like Colonial Mexico. Should also take you to one of the few pyramids on the West Coast. It's a very long tour.

PV- can take the public bus to town and walk around.

Cabo - Cabo by Land and Sea is usually a good tour. It might go by another name. Or you could rent a panga to take you to Land's End.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums