Flying Out 2 Weeks From Today:)

Lois R

Lois, I am doing very well, thank you! We moved from Texas to NJ exactly 1 year ago, to be near our daughters. Since then our youngest daughter accepted a job transfer to Chicago....which was a great career move for her. She is getting married in Naples, Florida next April. Our oldest daughter who was married in 2014 bought their first home last year and now we are awaiting the birth of our FIRST grandchild...a BOY! He is due to arrive in 5 weeks! Life is GOOD!

Are you going solo on a luxury line? I have been thinking of doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning, yes, I am:).........I always sail solo and life's circumstances have given me this opportunity so I am

taking them.:)....Siversea is considered in the Luxury Line category.

I miss SteinMart! They closed the one near me and now I have to drive over to Virginia, about an hour each way. So that doesn't happen often. Whenever I visit my parents in Florida I always hit the ones near Sarasota.

The website just doesn't do it for me, especially since returns are difficult now for me.

Lois, ask the bartenders for your favorite or their favorite. If it's not on the cocktail list, ask. If they have the ingredients, they will make it. Also, if you don't like the wine of the day, ask for champagne or ask for another "flavor" of wine. Often they'll have other bottles around. I've never found the need to order from the expensive list. It's ok to have a glass of white and then switch to red and back, etc.

It's also ok to have TWO desserts. :) Portions are not huge which is nice, you can try more things.

Ask your butler to stock your fridge with your favorites. We are not beer people so he removes that and we get ginger ales. And a nice bottle of whiskey for sipping on the balcony!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi girls, I got home last weekend.........it is a PITA going back to work:eek:

I had a fabulous cruise.......Silversea is simply FANTASTIC:D...........

Oh, all my clothes worked just fine for everything:).......daytime, touring is all casual........evenings, wore what I always

wear........nice slacks and tops.

Oh, all my clothes worked just fine for everything:).......daytime, touring is all casual........evenings, wore what I always

I read some of your comments on the Silverseas board. :) How did the shoes work out?

I read some of your comments on the Silverseas board. :) How did the shoes work out?

Good morning:)...........oh the shoes.......I wore the ABEO walking shoes for every tour:),,,,,,,VERY COMFY. I didn't even

alternate them and didn't have foot/feet issues. I went back to the other thread and see those are the ones you recommended

and so, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.......they are the best!!!

I brought "walking sandals" and I wore them a couple of times but for doing all my touring, the "shoes and socks"

worked best for me. It was so nice after coming back to the ship without "tired and sore feet":)

I did bring my new TAOS sandals too and wore them quite a few evenings.........love them!

Edited by Lois R

Welcome back! I feel for you going right back to work - I get that same feeling even after my usual 2 days off ;) I've got a 4-day girlfriends trip coming up and my flight back home gets to my airport at 11pm - and yep, work the next day... At least I won't have do deal with jet lag :o

Which Abeo walking shoes did you get, Lois? Which do you like, CruiseMom?

I got these but I have black laces.....they are VERY supportive and lightweight too.:)...it may not look like it but these are laces

that tie........they are VERY comfy.

3282-01341-1104-060.jpg

Which Abeo walking shoes did you get, Lois? Which do you like, CruiseMom?

Mine are this style but a slightly different coloring (last year's model, lol). I like the ones with the Vibram soles -- better protection from cobblestones and rocks:

https://www.thewalkingcompany.com/abeo-dazzle-black/49610

I actually like these black and gray ones -- will have to keep my eyes open for a sale. ;)

Thanks Lois and CruiseMom. I'm ever on the hunt for comfortable shoes. I find my Ahnu shoes best so far, tried Vionics unsuccessfully. I'm hiking in Patagonia next month, Paris and a river cruise late October, and I just may have to try a pair of these. Thanks!

Welcome back Lois, :) I read your little review of Silversea, & it sounds truly amazing. We're still on Celebrity for our next cruise, because we got a really good deal by booking early, but I'm looking at few other lines for an itinerary that Celebrity doesn't offer... I do love the familiarity of Celebrity though, but it seems their prices are going so high we may as well try another line... probably not a luxury line though :D

Welcome back Lois, :) I read your little review of Silversea, & it sounds truly amazing. We're still on Celebrity for our next cruise, because we got a really good deal by booking early, but I'm looking at few other lines for an itinerary that Celebrity doesn't offer... I do love the familiarity of Celebrity though, but it seems their prices are going so high we may as well try another line... probably not a luxury line though :D

You know what is funny, I thought I would miss them........the familiarity and all, and maybe I do, ( a little bit) but not

enough to "run back".........actually, I did look at their lovely website:eek:.(not)..but all the itineraries all the same.............

I think the next time I am sailing with Celebrity is Jan 2019 on EDGE and to be totally honest, not sure I am keeping

that booking.