Total of 22 hours on plane

hmatt

how do you manage to keep your face from feeling like its about to dry up and crack? Can manage 10-14 hours but that is really pushing it. Anyone tried makeup or face cleanser wipes? Can anyone tell me how to survive?:confused:

I bring a small spray bottle, fill it after I'm thru security & spritz my face & hands about every 2-3 hours & use plenty of (Olay) face serum. Lip balm & drink plenty of water too

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use an Olay facial wipe to wash off my make-up, then apply moisturizer from a travel-size container in my carry on. I re-apply as I feel I need it, and also keep lip balm handy and hand cream, and apply those throughout the flight. Drinking plenty of water is a must as well. This has worked well for me, including a trip to Singapore a few years ago that was, if I recall correctly, 23 hours total in-flight.

Definitely drink a lot of water...avoid alcohol if possible. I don't have too much of a problem on long flights, I just put on some light moisturizer every few hours. I use those little cans of Evian facial spray - they're great for long flights. I pick them up at places like Ulta, Sephora, Saks, Nordstrom etc...they go on sale, and you can use coupons on them. I'm not a fan of facial wipes, they just end up making my face feel dirty. I'm weird tho! :)

I've done several long-hauls (JFK-CAI, AMM-JFK, dirt landing strip in Masai Mara-NBO-LHR-LAX). I do the same for them as I do for those trans-US and TATL flights.

Never do makeup!!!! Just moisturizer. I always have my lip balm with me, so I use it just as much on a flight as I do IRL. I'm big on drinking water (but I still have room for several glasses of wine ;)). I always carry some Herban Essentials towelettes with me. All natural, aromatherapeutic. Depending on what I want, I'll use the lavender, the peppermint, or the lemon. I have a little sample "pot" where I'll store some moisturizer to use when I feel the need.

Thanks everyone, great suggestions! I drink lots of water and always have lip balm, really think I'm addicted to it.

Always keep morturizing cream handy and maybe not wear makeup. Never have used the face spray but think I'll do that also, we are making the long trip to Singapore:p

Personally, I don't feel that water sprays/facial mists do anything. I much prefer an actual moisturizer or serum or whatever sample I have on hand. Water on the surface of my skin doesn't do anything for me.....

Personally, I don't feel that water sprays/facial mists do anything. .

I never understood that either. It feels refreshing on a hot day by the pool, but for moisturizing? It just makes my face feel wet and that annoys me. The water doesn't really absorb into the skin like an actual moisturizer so once it evaporates my skin doesn't feel any less dry. I'll stick to moisturizer, but different strokes for different folks.