Transportation from Long Beach Cruise terminal to LAX

luv2travel32

Can you give us some details about Super Shuttle service?

I have always used them with no problems.

Pier to LAX probably isn't as bad as home to LAX and vice versa, but it depends on which terminal from LAX you are in. I will assume the SuperShuttles that pick up at the pier go directly to LAX as opposed to doing other pick ups in the area. But even with that, if you are flying out of Terminal 7 (United) or even Terminal 4 (American) you might have to stop at Terminals 1 (Southwest), Terminal 2 (Delta), Terminal 3 (Delta & West Jet) and Bradley International before getting to the your terminal.

You could get to LAX in 40 minutes and then spend 30 more getting to your terminal.

My last experience with SuperShuttle was a 2 1/2 trip to LAX from my then home in Burbank (45 minutes to LAX) because of the additional stops they made doing pick-ups and then stops at LAX before dropping me off.

The stories on TripAdvisor about SuperShuttle (and PrimeTime) just not showing up, getting lost, losing pre-paid reservations, etc are legion.

Do you book Super Shuttle ahead of time?

I have never needed to book ahead.

When you get off the ship, they will have several vans lined up. They usually ask what airline you are flying and wI'll direct you to a van. As soon as it fills, they take off for the airport.

I don't pay attention to the horror stories I see posted, because they could be from a competitor of Super Shuttle.

I don't pay attention to the horror stories I see posted, because they could be from a competitor of Super Shuttle.

With that philosophy why listen to anyone's advice any place? They could be plants or people with vested interests.

My experience with SuperShuttle wasn't a horror, just horrible. People who had pre-paid for shuttles at LAX and were left stranded when a van never showed up and had to use taxis to get home and then fight for a refund from SS have horror stories. I personally know people who have had horror experiences with SuperShuttle. It is why I would never, ever recommend them, especially when Uber and Lyft are close to the same rate.

And lest I be accused of being a competitor, I regularly use and recommend ExecuCar, a private town car service from SuperShuttle.

With that philosophy why listen to anyone's advice any place? They could be plants or people with vested interests.

My experience with SuperShuttle wasn't a horror, just horrible. People who had pre-paid for shuttles at LAX and were left stranded when a van never showed up and had to use taxis to get home and then fight for a refund from SS have horror stories. I personally know people who have had horror experiences with SuperShuttle. It is why I would never, ever recommend them, especially when Uber and Lyft are close to the same rate.

And lest I be accused of being a competitor, I regularly use and recommend ExecuCar, a private town car service from SuperShuttle.

I didn't accuse you.

One poster on these boards posted the same bad experience numerous times over several months, and like your experience, it was not from pier to airport or reverse.

All my experiences with Super Shuttle have been positive and I believe they provide a good service at a very good price.

• 2 weeks later...