Poconos to MCT transportation

Lyn1Lyn

I hope there is someone who has done this without a car who can give me a little insight. We are leaving Dec, 3rd for 12 days on the Breakaway. Was just doing my research on parking prices when I realized the parking fees are about $400 for the time we are gone. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to best make this trip without driving into the city and parking?

We are good to try anything.. Bus, train, private transport etc..

I am just having a really hard time figuring out alternate means.

Whereabout in the Poconos, PA area - far/near I-80 or further out north on I-380 ? Is there a Trailway/Greyhound station/stop nearby with regular daily services ? (note, been caught in that stretch in early winter storms in years past - coming to/from I-81, Southern Tier NY)

Assumed that you are about 2 to 2.5 hours driving time to MCT, how about parking in NJ on the Hudson - NY Waterway's ferry terminal has parking for less ... take the ferry across with luggage (12 days, will you be packing light enough & can pull them from the pier for a few blocks ... or take a very short taxi ride ?

Whereabout in the Poconos, PA area - far/near I-80 or further out north on I-380 ? Is there a Trailway/Greyhound station/stop nearby with regular daily services ? (note, been caught in that stretch in early winter storms in years past - coming to/from I-81, Southern Tier NY)

Assumed that you are about 2 to 2.5 hours driving time to MCT, how about parking in NJ on the Hudson - NY Waterway's ferry terminal has parking for less ... take the ferry across with luggage (12 days, will you be packing light enough & can pull them from the pier for a few blocks ... or take a very short taxi ride ?

Parking at Port Imperial in Weehawken NJ is $16/day. Ferry fare is $9/pp. Folks have recommended dropping one person off with all the luggage at the terminal entrance and having the other person go and Park.

Also have you considered the Trans-Bridge bus to Manhattan Cruise terminal? http://www.transbridgelines.com/schedules/manhattan2017.pdf

Martz Trailway's terminal at Stroudsburg, PA at the Delaware Water Gap - Sundays has 3 departure at the 8 AM hours, getting to PABT in about 1 hour 40 minutes - take the early one and you will be in Times Square before 10 AM, short taxi - another 15 minutes @ MCT for check-in.

Odds are there isn't going to be major winter storm or blizzard this early in the season, plan B - drive & park by leaving earlier, as long your vehicle is in good mechanical conditions and equipped with snow tires (all season aren't best for ice traction.)

Or, have a friend, neighbor, relative, etc. drive you there (or, dropoff at the ferry terminal ... so they don't have to pay the EZ-Pass toll across the Hudson River).

Pack & travel light - we cruise NCL often & with resort casual dress codes and laundry specials midweek for $20 a bag stuffed full, mix-n-match and no reasons to bring almost everywhere by emptying the closets at home.

Parking at Port Imperial in Weehawken NJ is $16/day. Ferry fare is $9/pp. Folks have recommended dropping one person off with all the luggage at the terminal entrance and having the other person go and Park.

Also have you considered the Trans-Bridge bus to Manhattan Cruise terminal? http://www.transbridgelines.com/schedules/manhattan2017.pdf

Thanks everyone, this info is so helpful!!

I just found this on the ferry website for parking, parking "up to 1 hour........etc...up to 12hrs"

Am I to assume that "up to 12 hours" means they no longer allow overnight parking?

Thanks everyone, this info is so helpful!!

I just found this on the ferry website for parking, parking "up to 1 hour........etc...up to 12hrs"

Am I to assume that "up to 12 hours" means they no longer allow overnight parking?

They do allow overnight parking, but it looks as if the rates may have gone up to $20/day. No one has reported back about that. I found one comment that their rates have gone up 25% in 2 years, which would be consistent with a change from $16-0 to $20.

I did find a phone number for their parking - tel:(201)-552-9780