Are All Three Owner's Suites On Riviera The Same

kitty9

I know deck plans can be confusing, so I was wondering if the Owners Suites on Riviera are the same. On one set of deck plans I saw, it appears the the suite on deck 9 is larger than the ones on Decks 8 and 10. It might be just a printing thing, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help.

I just checked the specs at the website. "Each of these suites measures more than 2,000 square feet and spans the entire beam of the ship." I think that means that practically speaking the lowest deck OS would be the largest with the two higher deck suites being somewhat smaller. It's a matter of the width of the ship at that level. Vistas are described as being 1200-1500 sf, so clearly location matters there.

Sometimes the difference (if there is any) works out with one suite having a larger deck if the living space is smaller. With the Oceania suites the two aft suites have a much larger deck than the suites on Deck 12. But the two aft suites have one and a half baths rather than two. Personally I prefer the aft suites because I like the larger deck.

By the way, we've been in Vistas twice and an OC once. The OC is described as "more than 1,000 sf" which makes it somewhat smaller than the smallest Vista, but I've never felt a real difference between the two. I'm sure any difference between the three Owners' Suites wouldn't be any more significant.

But I didn't build the ship or decorate the suites ...

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Jim & Stan have more specific information for you!

Mura

Darcie...see links. 10 deck somewhat different from 8 and 9 decks. Latter two virtually identical excepting a small, insignificant difference in the entry way.

Videos may be Marina but, again, virtually the same to Riviera.

Edited by Goldmann
typo

We have been in all three. Eight is the largest, 9 is the second largest and 10 is the smallest. Only slightly on each one. The difference in my opinion is the size of the bar area in the middle. Not to notice. All nice. I prefer 8 as it is lower and less movement. Not a size difference to speak of.

I believe I saw a video of the deck 10 suite on YouTube Don't recall if it was Riviera or Marina. If I remember correctly, the bar area is smaller, and the piano is an upright instead of a baby grand. I also think the bedroom is a bit smaller. I, too am waiting for Jim and Stan to chime in; they never cease to amaze me with their knowledge of these ships!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

For the video(s) see post 3. You will observe:

Deck 10 entry foyer/bar area smaller than 8/9. Bar by approximately 1/2. Built in cabinet space great reduced. Upright piano vs, 8/9 mini baby grand. Chaise lounge gone in 10. Bedroom and Living room not as deep to balcony in 10. Video shows placement of vanity table against closet wall on 10 versus window side 8/9. Same re dining area. One furniture piece/sideboard on 10. Two separate pieces in 8/9. Re 8 vs 9 differences virtually imperceptible even to someone as anal as I. Same applies O ship to ship.

All displayed in the referenced videos.