New to Oceana

PGI GUY

As I recall, liquor was included... unless you want a premium wine with dinner.

Liquor is most definitely NOT included on Oceania unless you got a deal where the Beverage package was a perk

I think with the OP's cruise as I understand it the time frame was changed & the length of the cruise was shortened, ports changed

So maybe the new cruise did not fit in their schedule

Some people have more flexible schedules or were planning on doing some land tours before or after the cruise

At least when the schedule is changed that far out you have a choice to stick with the new schedule or change

I have read where some lines have chartered the ship less than 6 mths out & then it is a sticky situation

Just saying

My issue would be that not only was the cruise shortened and the ports changed, but no price adjustment to reflect the shorter cruise was offered--only the OBC.

As I understand it, a few people were able to switch their 7 night cruise over to a 9 night cruise and not have to pay an increased price (and they also received OBC), but for the people that are being shorted on the TA, that just is not right.

Azamara was not holding the same cabins open for those on the impacted cruises, which can be important to a lot of people.

I will be curious to see if the offers improve based on all the unhappy campers... er, passengers.

You can always buy it locally wherever you are and bring it on the ship.

Yes , but if your going straight to the ship from the airport , getting your load in the suitcase is a little touchy .You either have to open the trunk of the cab after making your buy . And if your in a strange store it can take you awhile to decide what you want ....OR do what we did , got out of the cab on the dock .But then the baggage guys come running .And you have to stall them while you load .And if you have a lot your cramming in there it's a little awkward .

Yes , but if your going straight to the ship from the airport , getting your load in the suitcase is a little touchy .You either have to open the trunk of the cab after making your buy . And if your in a strange store it can take you awhile to decide what you want ....OR do what we did , got out of the cab on the dock .But then the baggage guys come running .And you have to stall them while you load .And if you have a lot your cramming in there it's a little awkward .

I didn't necessarily mean on boarding. Buy it in different ports along the cruise - it's part of the fun trying local wines :)

Maybe you can last till the first port without your own bottle of wine? :D

Edited by Paulchili

.OR do what we did , got out of the cab on the dock .But then the baggage guys come running .And you have to stall them while you load .And if you have a lot your cramming in there it's a little awkward .

Are you taking so much you cannot carry it on??

I've brought a mix and match case of wine aboard at the embarkment port. I had procured it there, in town, tapped it up, and gave it to the baggage handlers at the dock , telling them it was wine and fragile. I also tapped one of the Oceania supplied luggage Tags to the box. O had given me three and I had only one suitcase. When our cabins were called, the case of wine was sitting outside the door beside the rest of the luggage. No problem. I had no desire to carry that case around ship while checking in and waiting.

This was neither a groundbreaking event for the crew nor something to get overly anxious about for the cruisers.