Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Editor Gina

Hi,

We're sailing out of Barcelona on 22 December for seven nights and want to know if there are any formal evenings planned (Tuxedos and dresses) and whether there are any themed nights?

Here's a link to the Daily Programs:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2515551&highlight=meraviglia+daily+planners

Thank you for that link.

However, we are in Bella and not Yatch Club and nowhere can I see the suggested nightly dress options for dinner. I'm trying to establish if there are planned formal nights where gentlemen would wear dinner suits (tuxedos)

John

Thank you for that link.

However, we are in Bella and not Yatch Club and nowhere can I see the suggested nightly dress options for dinner. I'm trying to establish if there are planned formal nights where gentlemen would wear dinner suits (tuxedos)

John

You'll find that your Daily Programs will be very similar. Unlike the usual dailies, the ones on Meraviglia don't put the suggested dress code for the evening on the front page. Go to the HIGHLIGHTS/ENTERTAINMENT section on the planners where the theme for the night is indicated when there is one.

You'll find that your Daily Programs will be very similar. Unlike the usual dailies, the ones on Meraviglia don't put the suggested dress code for the evening on the front page. Go to the HIGHLIGHTS/ENTERTAINMENT section on the planners where the theme for the night is indicated when there is one.

Thank you once again Bea,

I must be missing something.:confused: It appears to me that the Highlights\Entertainment section only details events in bars etc. but neglects mention of "Gala\Formal\Elegant Nights".

I suppose my question should be :-

"Should I bring my DJ (Tux) and if I do, will it spend the whole week in the wardrobe (closet)"?

We are on board on Christmas Day, maybe my reindeer jumper will be, de rigueur.

John :)

Sorry, John! I just noticed that the highlights page on the day we were in Messina is missing (I accidentally posted a pic of a group of lads on a stag we met in our hotel in Barcelona LOL!) That was one of the "Elegant" nights. I'll post it here so you can see where to find it on your planners when you're onboard. Also, if you check out the photo of the one when we were at sea. Your "Elegant" (formerly known as Gala) nights may fall on different days.

47d09be563c3e51482a87fb3fa99d11e.jpg

c2c1e1c67dc19153a9274920d00b8109.jpg

If you have a tux, by all means bring it. A lot of people dressed up for the Captain's night on our cruise (though very few did for the other formal night!) I've read on the forum that Christmas Eve is a big night onboard and that Christmas Day is more muted. I'll be finding out for myself this year as we're on Orchestra for Christmas.

Oh ................. and bring your reindeer jumper, too! That way you'll be covered whatever the style is onboard! ;p

If you have a tux, by all means bring it. A lot of people dressed up for the Captain's night on our cruise (though very few did for the other formal night!) I've read on the forum that Christmas Eve is a big night onboard and that Christmas Day is more muted. I'll be finding out for myself this year as we're on Orchestra for Christmas.

Oh ................. and bring your reindeer jumper, too! That way you'll be covered whatever the style is onboard! ;p

Got it!

Thanks once again. You're a gem

John

Hi guys. Sailed Aug 4-11 and that week there were 2 elegant nights , one being Captains night with photo opp. First time with MSC and definately more dressed up. Some with Tux , many in suits. Ladies went all out with much eyeballing :-).Guess weight decides.

Theme nights were white nights- flower power-halloween but these were more aimed at topside pool party and the bar beside the theatre entrance which was the best in my opinion. Did'nt see many dressed in theme at dinner.

Hope this helps

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Was wondering if anyone knows for the dining experience if I bring a toddler do I need to pay the full price for the packages for child for him- he would not eat €50 worth of food!

It depends on the child's age - under 3s possibly/probably not. I'm sure that if you tell them that he won't be eating at all, they won't charge. However, it might not go down too well if you were to feed him from your plates unless it was obvious that you were just trying to get him to taste things. I'd bring a yoghurt or such to indicate that you intend to feed him with something other than what the restaurant is serving.

Also - explain that you're on honeymoon and that there are no childminders onboard but want to enjoy a Speciality restaurant evening.

Hi Beamafar

Could I ask if you know how the tryptic dining package works.

We normally cruise on NCL and you can choose to dine at one restaurant more than once, can you do this with MSC or will we have to dine at the 3 options once.

I have asked MSC and they said we might be able to swap them but it is up to the ship.

Hi Beamafar

Could I ask if you know how the tryptic dining package works.

We normally cruise on NCL and you can choose to dine at one restaurant more than once, can you do this with MSC or will we have to dine at the 3 options once.

I have asked MSC and they said we might be able to swap them but it is up to the ship.

I haven't used the package so I can't say. However, I have found the crew to be flexible on other instances and would hope that they could be on this subject, too. It all depends on who you approach and how accommodating that particular person is - a bit like a lottery. Even if someone comes on here and says that they were able to, doesn't necessarily mean that you'll have the same experience. I know that doesn't help; but, like everything else about MSC, nothing is ever "for sure". You'll find many response comments on this forum stating "That wasn't my experience"!

Hi Beamafar,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not know whether to just book it and hope for the best, its just we do not like sushi, but the info mentions the teppanyaki table. The price seems good value for the 3 meals.

As we have already paid for the cruise will the cost be added to our on board account?

Does anybody know anything about the Aurea experience adult only sun deck area

What would you like to know? It's deck 19, Aurea guests only ( inc children) has a hot tub/pool and small bar. They provide towels as well.28121b8c7e4c0688960c169a546a10eb.jpgecc5b04da3c7f09aa63c385a7b60a5b1.jpg1084d082d6762f9d46be91344cedc8a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are scheduled to sail from Naples on 11 September, it says boarding starts at 1530 do you think it would be to early if we arrived by 1400

The ship arrives in Naples around 11:30 so I think you'll be fine to board at 2pm. Our official boarding in Marseille was 2:30pm but we boarded at 12pm.

Thank you so much for you quick response. The including children is disappointing, we will be on our honeymoon and were told that the Aurea experience offers a private deck for adults 18 and over, we based our decision to book Aurea experience based on that information.:(

Thank you so much for you quick response. The including children is disappointing, we will be on our honeymoon and were told that the Aurea experience offers a private deck for adults 18 and over, we based our decision to book Aurea experience based on that information.:(

To be honest I don't think you have to worry as there were very few people generally in this area. It was quiet to empty most days. The pool guards were also very good at keeping things calm. Most of the children will be at the back of the ship on the water slides.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone booked any of the speciality restaurants packages? Are the meals good? What was the cirque du soleil shows like? which did you prefer? Any one know the start times

I've never booked the packages as we get 2 nights comped for 2 as Black Card holders. We chose to eat in Butchers Cut on both nights because the food was excellent. I posted photos of the menu and our meals on the following thread from post #100 - #101 (on next page):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=5

We went to the Cirque du Soleil Sonor show and enjoyed it immensely. I have a feeling that Viaggio is even better - it's the one I would have chosen but didn't get the chance. There was a bit of confusion at the time we were onboard as we were on one of the early sailings.

On our cruise, the times for the Sonor dinner & show were 18.30 & 21.30. For drink & show: 19.00 & 22.00. YMMV.