Ushuaia Argentina

cspaid

There are both, trails that loop back to the starting points and anothers one way. But those taken on the tours are not long, they are of low impact.

We're driving to the park, so obviously we'd like to end up close to where we've parked the car. I assume that the map you receive at the entrance will show the trail options.

We did a tour around South America and we got a tour guide in Ushuaia with Liz´s Company who is established her offices in Buenos Aires as Liz Buenos Aires Private Tours by Locals.

She gave a lot of advises . Our collegue from ship wrote a wonderful blog :

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/rambling_roamer/4/1457712022/tpod.html

• Like 1

We're driving to the park, so obviously we'd like to end up close to where we've parked the car. I assume that the map you receive at the entrance will show the trail options.

The maps you get at the National Park entrance are perfect to see the trails with the right information.

We booked our Ushuaia and Montevideo tours with Edgar well in advance of our January cruise around South America. Edgar was very quick to respond to our requests and kept our group organized with updated lists and prices as our tour group grew larger or smaller. We booked the 4 hour tour to Tierra Del Fuego in Ushuaia and were assigned Gabriel as our guide. His English was very good and he and the driver took great care looking after us. The tour included very short and easy walks in the National Park. Our guide, Herbert, in Montevideo was also excellent. We had booked the 5 hour City & BBQ tour. Little did we know that the BBQ portion of the tour would actually be at his home. The menu was prepared by Herbert, his wife and daughter and the food and wines were amazing. We could not have asked for a better spent afternoon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking for some others to join our Ushuaia tour to the National Park. We arrive on Jan.13,2018 on the INFINITY

IT IS OPTION #3. The tour is under my name Michele Nihen. A deposit is required to reserve your spot per person. Here is the link for the information .

https://www.tourguideushuaia.net/ushuaia-html/

You probably want to post this in your roll call rather than here.

• 3 weeks later...

Great tour with Edgar to the National Park. Gave us great information while riding on the bus. We were given a choice of walking for a while or remain on the bus to meet the walkers at a different point. Very enjoyable tour, highly recommended,

Sue Wayne and Judy

Great tour with Edgar to the National Park. Gave us great information while riding on the bus. We were given a choice of walking for a while or remain on the bus to meet the walkers at a different point. Very enjoyable tour, highly recommended,

Sue Wayne and Judy

Thank you got your comment. We decided to use Edgar for this area !!!:cool:

• 1 month later...

Verymuch enjoyed this tour in April. The guide was very informative and driver also good.Vehicle was suitable for our needs. The scenery was amazing and enough time to take pictures. We chose not to go to the prison museum which was extra cost and something we were not really interested in and so walked through the town instead.

Communicationfrom Edgar regarding booking also excellent.

• 1 month later...
I am looking for some others to join our Ushuaia tour to the National Park. We arrive on Jan.13,2018 on the INFINITY

IT IS OPTION #3. The tour is under my name Michele Nihen. A deposit is required to reserve your spot per person. Here is the link for the information .

https://www.tourguideushuaia.net/ushuaia-html/

Interested in joining you.

Are you using this company in any other ports?

Interested in joining you.

Are you using this company in any other ports?

Are you on the Roll Call for this cruise? If so, please visit and all the information is on there. Yes, I do believe there is room for this port and Puerto Montt.:) Valparaiso to Buenos Aires Jan.7,2018 Roll Call

Edited by Cellagirl
added info

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know about the weather in the southernmost ports ?

No one knows. It depends somewhat on the time of year. We went in late March and expected it to be cold and rainy. Instead, it only rained one morning in Puerto Montt, and I didn't even need a jacket in Ushuaia, the Falklands or Puerto Madryn. It was never cold at any of the ports, but was at least a little chilly in Punta Arenas. However, you could go in January and catch rain and wind at almost every port. About the only guarantee is that it will be hot in Montevideo and Buenos Aires.

We booked our Ushuaia and Montevideo tours with Edgar well in advance of our January cruise around South America. Edgar was very quick to respond to our requests and kept our group organized with updated lists and prices as our tour group grew larger or smaller. We booked the 4 hour tour to Tierra Del Fuego in Ushuaia and were assigned Gabriel as our guide. His English was very good and he and the driver took great care looking after us. The tour included very short and easy walks in the National Park. Our guide, Herbert, in Montevideo was also excellent. We had booked the 5 hour City & BBQ tour. Little did we know that the BBQ portion of the tour would actually be at his home. The menu was prepared by Herbert, his wife and daughter and the food and wines were amazing. We could not have asked for a better spent afternoon.

How far in advance did you book the tours?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Has anyone booked The Train Excursion in Ushuaia. Would like to do so if there is one less expensive than the Tour offered by the Ship

Snickers18

We got off the ship and found a taxi to take us to the train station. It worked ok except that the driver wanted to sell us an all afternoon tour of the national park. He was pretty insistent, but all he had agreed to was transport to the train.

Side point, the train took cash and the Nat'l Park admission took CC's...or the other way around.

It's a great ride (the train)! They actually build their own locomotives right there, in their maching shop.

Does anyone know of another Tour Company except Estancia Excursions in the Falklands. Their Volunteer Point tour where you also see the Penguins is full and I would dearly love to do this tour.

Snickers18

Edited by snickers18
Adding info.