No Children aged 16 ???

Dwalkerdave

Help. I am trying to book for 3 on Ventura on 01/07/2018 or 08/07/2018 including a 16 year old but booking errors saying no booking 013 thru 016 !!!!

I could book for 3 adults no problem, any ideas why as I have never had problems booking for 3 even in August and find it hard to believe there are to many bookings for that age as they should still be in school.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Dave

The ships can only legally have so many kids of each age range on board, i.e. X amount of 9-12s, X amounts of 13-17s etc etc. Once these limits have been filled no more children of that age bracket are allowed on the sailing.

So simply put, all the kids' places on the ship are 'sold out'.

By the looks of it, lots of people are having the same idea as us with kids of the ages around 15/16 and 17/18 - grab a cheaper holiday that's after the GCSEs/A Levels are over and before the much more expensive summer holidays!!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our recent trip was in mid July and most English schools hadn't broken up.

There weren't many children on board as it was a Baltics trip, but of the children which were many were either Scottish or older teens who had all finished exams.

So no luck with P&O so off to check Royal Caribbean as they count over 12 as adults so no similar problems I hope. !!!

Navigator of the Seas 9 July 2018 13 nights £1165 looks good if you do not want a shorter cruise on Britannia. Surprised they are saying no 13 -16 year olds as 17 year olds go to the club too, so you could phone and speak to P&O.

Regards John

So no luck with P&O so off to check Royal Caribbean as they count over 12 as adults so no similar problems I hope. !!!

Did you phone P&O before giving up? Their online system is hopeless and I would never rely on it exclusively. By contrast, their staff in the telephone call centre are excellent. Whilst there are indeed limits to the number of children by age, I would be staggered if a ship like Ventura is at capacity almost a year out, especially when it's before the main school holidays. It could be that they are running on a reduced youth crew as it's before the school hols and are capping child numbers as a result, but this situation could always be reviewed if they see that there are a lot of enquiries that cannot be translated into bookings. None of us know for certain, but I would never give up based on the website as I have regularly found it to be innacurate when it comes to availability.