Wine List and Drinks Package

annieuk

Strongbow has been replaced by Somersby [in cans]. I've never known a draught cider of any description on board [i'd drink it myself if there was. :)

To add to this, the current issue of Closer magazine says that Strongbow Gold, together with Newcastle Brown and Heineken lager on draught are now available on board as part of the AI drinks package. Not sure if this replaces cans of Somersby. As I say above I will be drinking the draught Strongbow in future. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, on P&O the wine waiter would fill your glass then take the bottle away (red,so not into a cooler) then kept creeping up and topping up your glass. I hated this and even though I politely asked her not to it became a stupid issue. Managed to get the bottle left on the table but she thought it had become a game and would top my glass up when I wasn't looking,small beer I know but none the less it was a first world problem. Mainly for the others sat at the table, I'm too thick skinned to be upset. Waitress only trying to be nice, but it ended nastily with an unnecessary scene. I had to put my hand over my glass and firmly say no.

Do they take your bottle away on FO? Not talking white wine to a cooler, red

• 2 months later...

We are cruising Fred for the first time, with 39 cruise history on various other lines! With regard to spirits, the drink package rule is single measures only so how does the pricing work if a double measure is desired?

Hello, on P&O the wine waiter would fill your glass then take the bottle away (red,so not into a cooler) then kept creeping up and topping up your glass. I hated this and even though I politely asked her not to it became a stupid issue. Managed to get the bottle left on the table but she thought it had become a game and would top my glass up when I wasn't looking,small beer I know but none the less it was a first world problem. Mainly for the others sat at the table, I'm too thick skinned to be upset. Waitress only trying to be nice, but it ended nastily with an unnecessary scene. I had to put my hand over my glass and firmly say no.

Do they take your bottle away on FO? Not talking white wine to a cooler, red

On Fred Olsen the waiter will leave your bottle of red wine on the table. Your bottle of white will be left in an ice bucket next to the table, usually within your reach. If your waiter is doing his job properly he will see that your glass is nearly empty and offer to top it up for you, otherwise you can top it up yourself. I find that Fred has a good selection of wines at reasonable prices. I like to pre-order my wine, either by completing one of the cards located at the entrance to the restaurant or by using the interactive menu available on the cabin television.