My GoPro cruise experience

Chesneygirl

Just wanted to share my most recent GoPro cruise video. Make sure to watch in HD for the best quality. :)

quote]

What a cool video especially the drone clips and special effects, looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.(y) I bought a Karma Grip with a super charger on Friday and tested it in the weekend at the beach, now I realize it really is worth the big bucks.

• 3 months later...

I will be renting a GoPro 6 for my first GoPro experience ever for a 12/17 cruise. (Mainly wanted it for Grand Cayman snorkeling) Any suggestions for additional equipment to rent/buy? I thought about actually buying a GoPro at some point, but a lot of people claim they don’t ever use it except when they are on vacation. What is everyone’s views? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from a fabulous cruise onboard the NCL Escape. Typically I bring my more expensive gear to shoot photos and video with, but this time I wanted to keep things simple. All I had was a GoPro Hero 5, Karma Grip, Jaws Clamp, Suction Cup and a 3 way mount. Take a look and let me know what you think! :)

d7WfHshm77g

hi chesney girl. good video. i have bought a look a like go pro. its a APEMAN. i would like to ask you if you were holding it in the hand or did you strap it to the chest? many thanks. lynn

hi chesney girl. good video. i have bought a look a like go pro. its a APEMAN. i would like to ask you if you were holding it in the hand or did you strap it to the chest? many thanks. lynn

To stabilize my footage while walking I used the GoPro Karma Grip which is a hand held gimbal. I hope this helps. :)

https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Camera-Karma-Official-Accessory/dp/B074PQRB4K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511824133&sr=8-2&keywords=gopro+karma+stabilizer

• 1 month later...
We booked a last minute cruise deal this past September and I was able to make another video with my GoPro.

Hope you enjoy this one and please subscribe to my YouTube channel for new videos! :)

Ar3LgB1W2yA

How did you get the area view from so high?

Were you holding the camera on a stick on most of the videos?

I just purchase a go pro but have not use it yet.

How did you get the area view from so high?

Were you holding the camera on a stick on most of the videos?

I just purchase a go pro but have not use it yet.

I'm not sure I completely understand your question.

I did use the GoPro Karma drone for some of my aerial shots...is that what you are referring to?

Late to the forum/conversation. The video was very nicely done and gave me a few ideas as well. I wasn't going to take my clamp or suction mount (40 days, 19 hours, but who's counting?). I may change my mind on the clamp, but what did you use the suction mount for? I'm taking a tripod, kitchen timer, head mount and a couple floating handles. Taking a SJ4000 and SooCoo 30, I'll have to try the GoPro Hero3 with iMovie but in the past I was stuck with their proprietary editing software. The trade up program is no longer available :(

Thanks!

I mounted the suction cup to the airplane window to get a time lapse of the take off, clouds, etc. and also to get some "selfie" shots of us in our seats.

I've also mounted it to a car in different ways, out side on the front hood pointing back at us or forward to show where we are going. I've put it on the trunk of the car, the doors, on top of the car, all while the car is moving. This thing is solid! :p

I bow down to your creativity :)

I've used the suction cup on vehicles and 4 wheelers before but would have never thought of the window thing. Now I'm thinking of putting it on the side of the boat when we go snorkeling.......

I bow down to your creativity :)

I've used the suction cup on vehicles and 4 wheelers before but would have never thought of the window thing. Now I'm thinking of putting it on the side of the boat when we go snorkeling.......

LOL I'm really not creative! I do the same as what you are doing now, watching other people's videos to get ideas. :)

I hope you come back and post your cruise video...I would love to see it!

• 1 month later...
We just got back from a fabulous cruise onboard the NCL Escape. Typically I bring my more expensive gear to shoot photos and video with, but this time I wanted to keep things simple. All I had was a GoPro Hero 5, Karma Grip, Jaws Clamp, Suction Cup and a 3 way mount. Take a look and let me know what you think! :)

d7WfHshm77g

Watched the whole video and loved it! I think you took spectacular video... btw, did you take photos with the Hero5 too? And how many sd cards did you bring for this cruise or how did you store the videos if you didn't bring a lot of sd cards?

Thanks!

Watched the whole video and loved it! I think you took spectacular video... btw, did you take photos with the Hero5 too? And how many sd cards did you bring for this cruise or how did you store the videos if you didn't bring a lot of sd cards?

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words!

The only photos I took were for the time lapses but going forward I have been using the built in time lapse feature for convenience.

I only brought one SD card (64gb) and I would download my footage every night onto a portable external hard drive that was connected to my laptop. This is the hard drive that I used: http://amzn.to/2HORRcG

I'm so glad that you enjoyed my video. Please subscribe to my Youtube channel so that you can get notifications of my videos when I post new ones. We are going on another cruise to the Southern Caribbean in about 3 weeks and I will be posting another video for that cruise. :)

• 1 month later...

d7WfHshm77g

Thank you for Sharing! If you don't mind me asking where do you edit your videos! We just got the new Hero 5, but never used a editing system to make videos like this!

Thanks

Thank you for Sharing! If you don't mind me asking where do you edit your videos! We just got the new Hero 5, but never used a editing system to make videos like this!

Thanks

OP said she used iMovie for years, but now uses Final Cut Pro X. Look on GoPro's website, they have editing software called Quik. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the high-end software does, but it might work for you. If you're looking to try something out for free, just do a Google search for free video editing software.

OP said she used iMovie for years, but now uses Final Cut Pro X. Look on GoPro's website, they have editing software called Quik. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the high-end software does, but it might work for you. If you're looking to try something out for free, just do a Google search for free video editing software.

Thank you ! We will have to look I to this !

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in responding, we just got back from a Southern Caribbean cruise. Feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel if you want to get a notification of my next cruise video. http://www.youtube.com/reelfocus

As others have kindly responded on my behalf, they are correct. I used iMovie for years and I am now currently using Final Cut Pro X. :)

Sorry for the delay in responding, we just got back from a Southern Caribbean cruise. Feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel if you want to get a notification of my next cruise video. http://www.youtube.com/reelfocus

As others have kindly responded on my behalf, they are correct. I used iMovie for years and I am now currently using Final Cut Pro X. :)

I can’t wait to watch! Hope you enjoyed your cruise! Wish we had a MAC :(

I can’t wait to watch! Hope you enjoyed your cruise! Wish we had a MAC :(

For PCs, Adobe Premier Elements is an excellent movie editing program with a wide variety of tutorials and how-tos available on YouTube. You can pick it up on Amazon for about $70 or $99 with Photoshop Elements photo editing software in a bundle.

Dave

For PCs, Adobe Premier Elements is an excellent movie editing program with a wide variety of tutorials and how-tos available on YouTube. You can pick it up on Amazon for about $70 or $99 with Photoshop Elements photo editing software in a bundle.

Dave

Thanks Dave! This is very good information. I will look into this