Love Celebrity HATE their Website

flyingv4me

Just venting...while I love Celebrity cruises, I truly hate their website.

I've long ago completed check-in (100% according to the site) and printed my Xpress Pass. I log onto the site today just to see if eDocs might be ready yet and the site tells me, "You must complete items before checking in." Wait, I've already checked in 100% and printed my Xpress Pass. Am I missing something, other than that their site stinks? :rolleyes:

It sure doesn't leave me with warm fuzzies about my upcoming cruise. Ah, well. Just venting...thanks for listening!

I've long ago completed check-in (100% according to the site) and printed my Xpress Pass. I log onto the site today just to see if eDocs might be ready yet and the site tells me, "You must complete items before checking in." Wait, I've already checked in 100% and printed my Xpress Pass. Am I missing something, other than that their site stinks? :rolleyes:

It sure doesn't leave me with warm fuzzies about my upcoming cruise. Ah, well. Just venting...thanks for listening!

Having the same issue (along with several others). If this was my first experience sailing Celebrity I would be truly freaked out. thankfully I know their cruise experience is nothing like their website experience. Although why they can't fix it and how it got to be so bad in the first place is beyond me. I worked on IT projects for 25years. This is one of the worst implementations of an 'improved' product that I have ever seen.

I've had the same issue, my last 3 visits to the site. I re-entered the "missing info" and then I was locked out for 20 minutes.Every.Time. Beyond frustrating.

Welcome to everyone's nightmare! I tried for weeks to get into my 3 reservations and couldn,t do so.I was soooo frustated I called and canceled all 3.Too many other cruiselines to use, to put up with that piss poor website.Celebrity called me the next day and asked why I canceled and if there's anything they could do to change my mind. I said ,fix their horrible website and I might consider booking with them again.:mad:

What was their response to your canceling due to web site?

I also have the same issue with the Xpress, complete and printed. I will wait till our online TA sends edocs, they said about 45 days out, and see what happens if it is still like that I will head to the ship and enjoy my cruise.

I am surprised that many people book directly with Celebrity, at least I can go to my TA and they get me the answers the website doesn't.

Just wanted to agree here. The website is awful. So many of the links take you nowhere

"Request unsuccessful: error"

I would never book directly with them through the site as I have no faith that it would work. I just can't understand why its so much worse than all of the other cruise lines I have sailed with.

Having the same issue (along with several others). If this was my first experience sailing Celebrity I would be truly freaked out. thankfully I know their cruise experience is nothing like their website experience. Although why they can't fix it and how it got to be so bad in the first place is beyond me. I worked on IT projects for 25years. This is one of the worst implementations of an 'improved' product that I have ever seen.

Also in IT, and I'm reasonably confident that any changes/improvements they were supposed to have made were merely cosmetic. The back end still seems like it must be the same old broken system.

It's fun to imagine what scenario causes a billion-dollar company to allow their website to actively block people from spending money with them. Maybe someone's no-so-bright nephew is in charge of IT? Or maybe it's just outsourced to the lowest bidder.

Having the same issue (along with several others). If this was my first experience sailing Celebrity I would be truly freaked out.

First timer, not actually freaked out, but really beginning to wonder if we have made a mistake booking Celebrity. Like others have said completed online check in and printed Xpress, but keep getting error messages. Driving me mad! Also difficulties with shore excursions.

It's fun to imagine what scenario causes a billion-dollar company to allow their website to actively block people from spending money with them. Maybe someone's no-so-bright nephew is in charge of IT? Or maybe it's just outsourced to the lowest bidder.

One word: Accenture.

First timer, not actually freaked out, but really beginning to wonder if we have made a mistake booking Celebrity. Like others have said completed online check in and printed Xpress, but keep getting error messages. Driving me mad! Also difficulties with shore excursions.

Thankfully, the onboard cruise experience is Nowhere near the (poor) quality of the website experience.

Once you board, all your website troubles will be ancient history. ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

Or maybe it's just outsourced to the lowest bidder.

That is probably true, but also outsourced to people who are not familiar with the cruise industry and the needs of its passengers on the web site.

And obviously not familiar with the concept of allowing things to be accomplished with as few clicks as possible.

The website was refusing to accept my payment online. I phoned my Celebrity PVP who took my payment. I mentioned my website frustrations (I design, build & train others on them) to him. He agreed and said they have been inundated with calls. They've expressed those concerns to management...but nothing seems to be done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm approaching the time I have to do pre-cruise check in.

We also have to renew our passports which we'll be doing this week.

What do you think we should do? Meaning what'll be less stressful, less prone to have website hiccups, etc.? Do the pre-cruise now and then go back and enter the passport information or just wait and do it later when we get the passports?

I know it seems like a small, silly (stupid) question, but I do want to limit my time on the website and limit my frustration and limit my waiting on hold if I have to call them:mad:

I'm approaching the time I have to do pre-cruise check in.

We also have to renew our passports which we'll be doing this week.

What do you think we should do? Meaning what'll be less stressful, less prone to have website hiccups, etc.? Do the pre-cruise now and then go back and enter the passport information or just wait and do it later when we get the passports?

I know it seems like a small, silly (stupid) question, but I do want to limit my time on the website and limit my frustration and limit my waiting on hold if I have to call them:mad:

I would wait until you have the new passport information. It's easier to do during the check in, I think. It has been noted that if you try to input new passport information using your Profile link that they ask your for the "City of Issue" and require it to be filled in. But, the passport itself doesn't have the city of issue in plain text .... you have to call the passport office and get them to decipher the city for you from the encoded information. When you are inputting the passport information during check in there is no "city of issue" requirement and I had no problem doing it then.

I would wait until you have the new passport information. It's easier to do during the check in, I think. It has been noted that if you try to input new passport information using your Profile link that they ask your for the "City of Issue" and require it to be filled in. But, the passport itself doesn't have the city of issue in plain text .... you have to call the passport office and get them to decipher the city for you from the encoded information.

We just put n/a (for not applicable) in for City of Issue and have never had a problem with it.

No need to call the passport office.

As long as you have a legitimate passport, nobody cares about the city of issue.

I think that field was probably just left over from years ago when they used to post the city of issue on US passports.

We just put n/a (for not applicable) in for City of Issue and have never had a problem with it.

No need to call the passport office.

As long as you have a legitimate passport, nobody cares about the city of issue.

I think that field was probably just left over from years ago when they used to post the city of issue on US passports.

Thanks for the correction! There's a post here from someone who said nothing worked until they put in the city ... but I just went and tried and you're right ... you just put "N/A" in there. It is a required field so you can't just leave it blank. Looks like another case of incomplete instructions on the website's part for those that don't know how to do it already.

Doing same for me, also says I'm missing information, won't let me book excursions, and the 20 minute lockout is very annoying.

Having the same issues for our Sept 14 Silhouette sailing. I checked in and printed my Xpress pass with no problem at all, about a month ago. Try to do the same for my husband, took me multiple tries over several days before I could do it. Now, it says his information is 0% complete??

I've been trying to "check for luggage tags", and when I click on the link, get taken to the Welcome page. Not sure if they still mail luggage tags, or if I need to print online. If I have to print online, I'm in trouble because I can't get there, unless it's too early to do so.

I had that same problem with the luggage tags in July/early August, kept getting bounced back to the home page when I tried to access the tab to have them mailed to me. This happened on my IPad and also using Edge on my PC at home, and with Google Chrome at work. Finally cut out the demo tag that's on the 3rd sheet of the XPass, and used it in a narrow luggage tag holder I had at home. May not have been the right color, but it worked fine for the Equinox Aug. 13 sailing.

Doing same for me, also says I'm missing information, won't let me book excursions, and the 20 minute lockout is very annoying.

Are you browsing in "private" or "incognito" mode by any chance?

On the problems thread, that doesn't allow discussion I see several people posting that they are browsing in private mode, but having problems such as having to log in multiple times and getting the 20 minute lock out. While private mode allows the browser to read cookies already present, it (usually) doesn't allow the site to write new cookies, and that can cause problems as you go from page to page.

Are you browsing in "private" or "incognito" mode by any chance?

On the problems thread, that doesn't allow discussion I see several people posting that they are browsing in private mode, but having problems such as having to log in multiple times and getting the 20 minute lock out. While private mode allows the browser to read cookies already present, it (usually) doesn't allow the site to write new cookies, and that can cause problems as you go from page to page.

Tried Chrome, Chrome Incognito, MS Edge, Edge private browser. Same problems. I've logged out of Chrome and then tried Edge and it locks me out.

Tried Chrome, Chrome Incognito, MS Edge, Edge private browser. Same problems. I've logged out of Chrome and then tried Edge and it locks me out.

If you're changing browsers then you need to make sure to clear cookies in every browser. Cookies are browser specific.

If you still have problems then it's NOT cookie related.

You also have to make sure scripts are enabled. If your browser is set on high security, many scripts will be blocked, and unsecured items will be blocked. That could cause all the problems.