Noise problem on Solstice cabins 6240 and 6242 and more?

swansnz

I wouldn't even call it an obstruction. You are able to see the butt end of one of the little boats if you are right at the railing. I do not remember seeing anything while sitting down on the balcony, which is completely covered. You could get wet if it were raining if you are standing at the railing, otherwise, it is completely private.

Be sure to come back to this thread and let us know if it was quiet or not. I've never sailed on the Reflection but on the Solstice, there was an audible white noise, especially in the bathroom. We loved it as we like white noise....others, maybe not so much. I think it is a certain tone that some people cannot hear.

Thanks for your response. The noise, if there is any, will not bother me. I was more interested in the balcony, love that's it's covered and oversize. I will report back on this thread with any comments or observations once I sail. Thx again!

Berni

Thanks for your response. The noise, if there is any, will not bother me. I was more interested in the balcony, love that's it's covered and oversize. I will report back on this thread with any comments or observations once I sail. Thx again!

Berni

That is exactly how I felt about it. The noise is not like an intermittent banging, thumping or anything like that. I am a very light sleeper and it didn't bother me one bit. I would book this room again in a heartbeat. I absolutely loved being so close to grab my morning coffee from the coffee place one deck down ... enjoyed it out on my balcony with a small Danish or muffin. Ahhhh....the good life!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I'd read this post before our trip, as we were in cabin 6249 on the Solstice. On a 17-day cruise, we endured the loud mechanical ship noises every night.

I'm normally a deep sleeper but the sounds were so loud & intermittent that we ever got a good night's sleep.

I'm appalled to learn that it was a known problem since 2013 & that Celebrity is still putting passengers in those cabins in 2016, without solving the issues!!! Inexcusable!

I wish I'd read this post before our trip, as we were in cabin 6249 on the Solstice. On a 17-day cruise, we endured the loud mechanical ship noises every night.

I'm normally a deep sleeper but the sounds were so loud & intermittent that we ever got a good night's sleep.

I'm appalled to learn that it was a known problem since 2013 & that Celebrity is still putting passengers in those cabins in 2016, without solving the issues!!! Inexcusable!

Oh no...that's too bad. Intermittent noises are like torture. I think it was a different type of noise than in our cabin....probably more like the lifeboats ... do you think?? Sorry to hear you had that experience.

• 1 year later...

Is the noise specific to the Solstice? We have 6209 onSolstice and want to change to stsrboard to avoid being over smoking area. Was thinking if switching from 2D to 2C for less of an obstruction andnow learning about noise issues...

Also booking onEclipse- is the noise on Eclipse also?

Thx - a lot to consider!

Is the noise specific to the Solstice? We have 6209 onSolstice and want to change to stsrboard to avoid being over smoking area. Was thinking if switching from 2D to 2C for less of an obstruction andnow learning about noise issues...

Thx - a lot to consider!

We just t off the equinox, we had those exact same cabins. Yes there is a hummm, I wasn't sure what it was, I just figured it was the AC. Didn't bother us at all tho. It's not load, just a hummmmmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thx - a lot to consider!

Our experience was specific to the Solstice, so I'd recommend switching sides if you can. Not sure if it will alleviate the noise problem, but if you're a non-smoker it will at least help with the smoke issues when you're on the balcony. Good luck!