How to cancel

Boatingmom

That's it. Got my years crossed up. Only thing I didn't like was the wait to board as they scrubbed down the ship.

Yup. Noro alert for half the trip too. I didn't like all the repair work done whilst we were onboard and closure of the back deck several nights just to make sure the next cruise which was a charter, was all spic and span.

To get to the cancel button:

1) Log in to your Celebrity Account

2) Click on My Reservations

3) Click on Pay Balance

4) Click on Cancel (on the Pay Balance Page)

After clicking Cancel on the Pay Balance Page you arrive at some sort of Reservation Summery

5) At the bottom of the Summary Page there is the Cancel Stateroom buttom

Pretty difficult to find, but given the Celebrity Site I would expect nothing less ;p

Thanks for posting this, but do you know for sure if the Cancel Stateroom button cancels the entire reservation, or just cancels the stateroom, for someone who wants to switch to a different stateroom?

I am too chicken to try it out just to see how it works, for fear of losing my stateroom, or my entire reservation. :eek:

Really? That surprises me when their competitors don't.

It is actually quite a common practice.

Their passengers book with them for the generous perks they offer, which for many make the risk of a cancellation fee worthwhile.

Here is a quote from one of the major U.S. cruise travel agencies that does a high volume business booking cruises.

I need to obscure the name of the company as we are not allowed to name travel agencies here:

Guests are responsible for any/all cancellation fees that might be imposed by the cruise line in addition to an independent $100.00 per person cancellation fee from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ... Ask your XXXXXXX agent for details about the benefits of insurance prior to completing your reservation.

It is actually quite a common practice.

Their passengers book with them for the generous perks they offer, which for many make the risk of a cancellation fee worthwhile.

Here is a quote from one of the major U.S. cruise travel agencies that does a high volume business booking cruises.

I need to obscure the name of the company as we are not allowed to name travel agencies here:

Guests are responsible for any/all cancellation fees that might be imposed by the cruise line in addition to an independent $100.00 per person cancellation fee from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ... Ask your XXXXXXX agent for details about the benefits of insurance prior to completing your reservation.

Yes, I have started to research different online TAs to see what their policies are. Found the same paragraph as above during my research; but had to really search their website to find it. Best just to call and ask.

• 3 weeks later...
To get to the cancel button:

1) Log in to your Celebrity Account

2) Click on My Reservations

3) Click on Pay Balance

4) Click on Cancel (on the Pay Balance Page)

After clicking Cancel on the Pay Balance Page you arrive at some sort of Reservation Summery

5) At the bottom of the Summary Page there is the Cancel Stateroom buttom

Pretty difficult to find, but given the Celebrity Site I would expect nothing less ;p

Thank you, Rick T.

When I finally had reason to cancel a reservation recently, I followed your instructions and they worked like a charm.

It was quick and easy.

The hardest part was just finding the elusive screen that provides the actual cancel reservation option.

If they hadn't chosen to put it under Pay Balance (still haven't figured out the logic on that one),

and had simply labelled the Cancel Stateroom link as Cancel Reservation, this thread would have been unnecessary.

Anyway, clicking on Cancel Reservation worked immediately.

It automatically generated and sent me an email confirmation of the cancellation.

Ever the skeptic, I also went back to check my Celebrity account, and sure enough, the correct reservation had been cancelled.

So congrats to the IT people who finally got this feature to work correctly (even if they did somewhat mislabel and misplace it).

When the website works correctly, I find it so much easier and quicker to cancel a reservation, (or do almost anything else online) myself at my own convenience.

Best of all, there is no need to wait on hold, or to leave a voice mail message and then wait for someone to get back to me.

It is very reassuring to know it has been completed and is a "done deal" before I even log out of my account -- especially if there is a deadline involved, like making final payment.

But a couple of other website features that were not working before also seem to be working well now. (I am using the same computer, same operating system, same browser).

Being able to make a payment online very easily, with no problem or error message, is another example.

So maybe, just maybe............:halo:

(Or am I being too optimistic?)

Edited by fleckle