Internet Question

Moose12345

We are cruising on the Solstice in April 2018. We have the internet pkg. (came with our trip)

Can someone please tell me if I bring my laptop, can I use it in our stateroom, or do we have to use the computers on the ship?:confused:

We are cruising on the Solstice in April 2018. We have the internet pkg. (came with our trip)

Can someone please tell me if I bring my laptop, can I use it in our stateroom, or do we have to use the computers on the ship?:confused:

Yes, you can use it in your stateroom. My experience has been you will have a better signal in some of the common areas. Depending on the type of package you have, if you have one for just one device, you can log off one and log onto another. You can use your iPhone throughout the ship, then when you get in your cabin, log off then on to your laptop.

Agree with what Wine-O wrote. Our experience is that usually we can get decent reception in our cabin. Two times you may have less luck is on a sea day where a lot of cruisers are using up the bandwidth, or when you occasionally sail through a 'dead zone'. I've only sailed Caribbean, west coast CA and Mexico and Alaska, and have not encountered much in the way of dead zones.

You can use it in your stateroom. Connection speed can be slow, especially on sea days when there are many using the Internet. It also depends on your location on the ship. Don't expect speeds like at home.

Best reception for us is always when most people AREN'T using it. Early morning, late at night. Our aft cabin seemed to get the same reception as anywhere else on the ship - we brought our iPhones or iPads around the ship with us and used internet when waiting for something to start, etc. Since we both had unlimited internet it was a frivolous thing which was kind of fun.

This was our experience in the Caribbean and on a TA from Spain.