Why do people pick connecting cabins when they don't need them?!

Barnes11

Just recently realized we had a connecting cabin on an upcoming cruise

We are going with friends and planned on opening up the balcony. It was a welcome surprise

Had no idea they were connecting prior

Don't don't know that people are made aware of those cabins to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once one half of a connecting pair is booked, somebody has to take the other half.

We book at the last minute, almost always. And many times all that's left in the category or location we want is a cabin connecting to another that is already filled.

So it could be argued that half the people who book a connecting cabin when they don't need it are not hurting you in any way because the other half is already taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't like connecting cabins either due to the noise. If I end up with one it's by accident, either I forgot to check or it was the only ones left.

Lots of first time cruisers might not even know this is an option. Also adult family or friends might like connecting cabins too.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

When I booked our current cruise, having a toddler I needed a 3-person. Of the 10 cabin options the website showed, I picked the location I liked best. You can tell by looking at the deck plan that's right there if it's a connecting cabin. And it was. I didn't particularly want a connecting cabin, but again, it was the location I liked best of the ones offered. The only way this 'problem' is solved is if they changed the reservation process to only show connecting ones if requested. But as others have pointed out, they're not going hold these rooms back hoping enough people will request them to fill them.

I will not book a connecting cabin, do not want that thin door (noise) in my cabin so I purposely look for a non connector. You could also go for a cabin across from each other if no connectors left, sometimes the only cabins left to choose from are connecting. If your deck of choice is the one that has connecting cabins left then that is what you will choose.

Why pick a connecting cabin if you are only booking one cabin? It is so frustrating for people with families that actually NEED connecting cabins to look at deck plans and see tons of connecting cabins with one cabin already taken! I don't even see why cruise lines allow this! It is not location either, because most of these cabins have single non-connecting cabins on each side of the pair. So frustrated!

I think it's safe to say that most people don't intentionally book connecting cabins...whether it's by not knowing or they were assigned that room through booking a guarantee.

You're an angry elf!!!

Good grief there are a lot of posts on this topic but the world may not seem to be fair but reading through all the posts

1. Early bird gets the worm (book early if you have such a preference )

2. The people that book an adjoining cabin that don't need it likely don't know they booked an adjoining cabin

3. Stop being mad at the world, book another cabin, and go enjoy the cruise (life is too short to worry about such trivial matters)

I'm outta here

You're an angry elf!!!

Good grief there are a lot of posts on this topic but the world may not seem to be fair but reading through all the posts

1. Early bird gets the worm (book early if you have such a preference )

2. The people that book an adjoining cabin that don't need it likely don't know they booked an adjoining cabin

3. Stop being mad at the world, book another cabin, and go enjoy the cruise (life is too short to worry about such trivial matters)

I'm outta here

I did not see anger in OPs post, just frustration. Carnival does a good job restricting bookings on trips or quads when only a couple is booking - usually opening these cabins up once the sailing date gets close. It seems like it would be in everyone's interest for them to keep paired cabins available until that's all that's left in a category.

But if it were as simple as that they probably would have done it by now. Possibly, the current booking practice is a good strategy to fill 3rd and 4th berths at a premium.

OP, suggest you call and see what cabins are actually available. You don't state the age of those in your party, but unless your kids are very young, you don't NEED connecting cabins, next door or across the hall works just fine for many. If your kids are really young, then maybe a trip or quad is and option.

I am going to choose a cabin based on my preferred location cabin type and price. If the optimal cabin happens to be a connecting cabin, I'm not going to avoid it just because I don't need that functionality. Really, why should I?

Exactly - location location location and price! It seems like when I book closer to sailing all they have left is the connecting cabins - it is not a choice I would make because many people complain on some ships you can hear the noise more in the connecting cabin! So if you have your heart set on a connecting cabin best to book ASAP. I would never have given a though to wow I wonder if some family wanted this connecting cabin maybe I should take one over the bar or under the kitchen!

Why pick a connecting cabin if you are only booking one cabin? It is so frustrating for people with families that actually NEED connecting cabins to look at deck plans and see tons of connecting cabins with one cabin already taken! I don't even see why cruise lines allow this! It is not location either, because most of these cabins have single non-connecting cabins on each side of the pair. So frustrated!

Nobody, and I mean nobody, "NEEDS" a connecting cabin.

Perverts love connecting rooms, the hotel brand I worked for in college had a couple lawsuits from pervs doing perv stuff and as a result significantly limited or eliminated connecting rooms at new and remodeled properties under the brand.

Are you calling the OP a pervert?:')

I completely agree with you. If Carnival could restrict you from getting a quad when you are a double, then they should restrict connecting cabins first to those that request them. I would never intentionally book a connecting room because they have more noise usually.

Are you calling the OP a pervert?:')

Ha no I was just answering the question based on what I knew about connecting rooms from my time in the hospitality industry. I'm sure a perv would argue that he or she NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS the connecting room but we all know that is bull crap (or at least we should, never know what agenda the Left is pushing :'))

I booked a connecting cabin on our upcoming cruise because it was one of the last cove cabins left that was not under the galley but did change it when another came open. Would prefer a non-connecting cabin if possible but not going to not choose it if it is the only one left in a location I want.

I think a lot of pax book without looking at deck plan layouts and maybe don't even know it is a connecting cabin. And the funny thing is that we really dislike connecting cabins if you are only using one cabin......can hear thru those connecting doors really well and it is annoying. We only had one once when we booked later and didn't have many choices left....but never again. :D

Several have posted this comment already, but when I read this thread I thought- oh no! I don't even know if our room is connected or not! And I'd rather it wasn't! Last time I had a connecting room the folks next door had Olympic gymnasts in the family and couldn't speak at a normal volume! Even when not fighting, we could hear every word of their conversations!

Luckily I just checked and our room is not connecting... so that tells you that most people select connecting rooms without needing them out of sheer ignorance. When I booked with my TA I was given a list of balcony rooms in the category I wanted to pay for and we selected our cabin accordingly. If it had turned out to be a connecting room, it would have been too late for me to do anything about it. Like others have said, it would be great if Carnival at least warned you- Hey, this is a connecting room... if not interested, please select another cabin...