Have you ever seen drink packages discounted onboard?

tartana

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen drink packages discounted on board for new package purchases? I keep checking my cruise planner daily hoping they'll offer us a deal :) Otherwise, I assume I might as well wait until we're onboard.

Someone recently reported they were offered a BOGO deal on board their sailing. It wasn't Mother's Day. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53251949&postcount=15

I thought I had read somewhere about a BOGO, but I was wondering if they were only for upgrades from Classic to Premium? We have none purchased at all at this point, and none were included as we booked ultra cheap. I will keep an eye out - thank you all :)

I thought I had read somewhere about a BOGO, but I was wondering if they were only for upgrades from Classic to Premium? We have none purchased at all at this point, and none were included as we booked ultra cheap. I will keep an eye out - thank you all :)

Yes the BOGO is only for upgrading from Classic to Premium.

Other than "getting the perk" when you book your cruise, I have never seen a deal on actually purchasing the beverage packages.

We usually book inside guarantee cabins that do not come with any perks, but the money we save is enough to pay for our drinks without having a package.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen drink packages discounted on board for new package purchases? I keep checking my cruise planner daily hoping they'll offer us a deal :) Otherwise, I assume I might as well wait until we're onboard.

Keep checking online, at the end of March this year, they have an online offer of discount on all pre-purchases for 72 hours. Discount on drink packages, internet, dinning packages...

I think someone said they had one last year around Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Through our most recent Celebrity cruise (Nov-Dec 2016) we would have a coupon (for Elite's) in our cabin offering 10% Off a drink package. This was part of the normal coupons given to all Elites. We do not know if that coupon is given to other frequent cruiser groups. We have used that coupon on our last two cruises to upgrade from Classic to Premium...and in both cases the onboard Beverage Manager did give us the 10% discount on the upgrade (which is about $1 per passenger day). We assume that if we did not have the Classic Package (which was part of our booking promo)...we would have been able to purchase the Classic or Premium at a 10% discount...if done on board.

Hank

Well folks, I'm pleased to say finally my price changed on my cruise planner, so I saved 20% on purchasing my alcohol beverage package. We paid a very cheap price for our room, so we had no packages included. My daughter is hoping to get the premium non alcohol, and that one hadn't changed at this point. I just paid our cruise in full yesterday, so I wonder if that kind of spurred the disc? IDK, but I am pleased. There was no notice or email, and it didn't show until I went to Checkout on their site.

We had an offer on our last cruise to drink in the World Class Bar one evening using our Classic Package for a few dollars per drink - excellent quality drinks! It was only for one night though

We had an offer on our last cruise to drink in the World Class Bar one evening using our Classic Package for a few dollars per drink - excellent quality drinks! It was only for one night though

That's cool - I will keep watch for that one :)

Well folks, I'm pleased to say finally my price changed on my cruise planner, so I saved 20% on purchasing my alcohol beverage package. We paid a very cheap price for our room, so we had no packages included. My daughter is hoping to get the premium non alcohol, and that one hadn't changed at this point. I just paid our cruise in full yesterday, so I wonder if that kind of spurred the disc? IDK, but I am pleased. There was no notice or email, and it didn't show until I went to Checkout on their site.

We got it too - bought the premium for our Connie repo cruise. The sale wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow. It ends Sunday.

Here's a very recent post where all drink packages were BOGO if bought the first three days of the cruise. I will add the comment to me it makes sense for Celebrity to offer a BOGO on a sailing like this (Transpacific) where drink packages do not come with the cruise fare AND they are giving away lots of free drinks to large volumes of Elites and higher.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53230604&postcount=7

I thought this discount was an Elite+ Perk only, not Elite.

You are probably right so my mistake. We have been Elite Plus for quite a few years...and honestly have no clue as to the coupon differences between Elite and Elite Plus.

Hank

CEL started a 72 hour sale again yesterday. I've been watching for months this is the 3rd 72 hour sale we have had for our sailing in June, non alcoholic packages have still not been on sale, I dont think they ever are.

CEL started a 72 hour sale again yesterday. I've been watching for months this is the 3rd 72 hour sale we have had for our sailing in June, non alcoholic packages have still not been on sale, I dont think they ever are.

Darn - My daughter will probably just wait and buy her non alcohol package on board then - Don't think there's any advantage to buying it early.

Under the new classic package you only pay the cost over the $9 limit. In the WCB if you have the classic you will now be charged $4 plus 18 % gratuity if the cost of the drink is $13. If you are only planning on having one drink over the limit it isn't worth upgrading. If you also want the other beverages in the premium pack than it is worth upgrading.

On the Equinox in Apr on the last full day they had the mixology class at the WCB for half off the cost. It I was one half of the $35. It was well worth the 1/2 cost as we got 4 full drinks and shown the basics of cocktail making.

Sometimes they will have BOGO on a certain type drink at a designated bar. The Marini bar use to have four basic martinis at a discounted price during their HH.

Drink up 🍺🍷🍹🍸

Sometimes they will have BOGO on a certain type drink at a designated bar. The Marini bar use to have four basic martinis at a discounted price during their HH.

Drink up 🍺🍷🍹🍸

Are they discounted enough to be part of the Classic Beverage Package or do you still need to have the Premium Package?

Are they discounted enough to be part of the Classic Beverage Package or do you still need to have the Premium Package?

Even though the HH price was under the limit of the classic package there was that almighty * that reads not covered by the classic package. With the new classic package paying the HH price wouldn't make any sense as you now pay the difference. I think those HH prices are for those that don't have a package.

Recently in the Gastro lounge they had a 1/2 off on all beers during a HH. There was a bottle that cost $35. I had the premium package and was told that I had to pay the $17.50 and not the difference.

As you should know since you have sailed many times on X nothing is consistent between ships, from cruise to cruise, from server to server or bar to bar. The only consistent thing is that X will change and is in constant confusion.

Drink up 🍷🍺🍹🍸

We are going on a trans atlantic cruise on the Eclipse in October. They have reduced the classic package and premium package by 50%, ($27.50 and $32.50 per day) for the 72 hour sale this weekend. No discounts on any of the other drink packages. We thought it would be a 20% discount but we were surprised to find the deal was even better. Never saw a discount like this before.