Cozumel Palace hotel/ Aqua Safari Dive shop

compozer

Not on a cruise but thinking about doing a week trip to Cozumel to dive before we do our Baltic cruise in August. Found Cozumel Palace and just wondering if anyone has had any experience diving through their dive shop. I think it is on site. I am just starting to research.

Thanks for any feedback.

Two things....

Cozumel Palace is the most luxury you can find on the entire island of Cozumel. It is definitely at the top of the price range.

Cozumel Palance is located right downtown, but it is an all-inclusive so you won't be eating at any of the restaurants in town most likely. But by being right downtown, it is far from the dive sites...easily an hour boat ride each direction if that matters to you.

Aqua Safari is a dive op that gets lots of mixed reviews. They tend to have more crowded boats. Haven't used them, but the good thing is that Cozumel has dozens of independent dive ops. You are never restricted on which dive op.

Another great thing about Cozumel is that most dive ops will pick you up at whatever hotel you stay at. There are a few hotels that don't allow it, but most do. So you don't have to use an in-house dive op.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We go to Cozumel often for land-based dive trips (10+ trips so far).

robin

Thanks so much for the fast reply. Yes, I have read all the mixed reviews. Many were about equipment and we will be bringing all of ours. I am waiting for a reply from them regarding availability since we would go in two weeks. The trip is on hold for another hour and I have contacted Cozumel Marine World. I guess we will just book it and worry about a dive boat later. We have stayed at Scuba Club before. I am just finishing requirements for asst instructor and my son is a full instructor so full boats don't really bother us BUT I really hate them. Especially when there are only four other people and the dad says " my girls just got certified so can we stay around 60 feet". So they changed locations and we were not real happy but, heck, any dive is better than none.

Thaks again for your help.

Oh, can you shore dive from the hotel?

Well, we have not stayed there since it became the Palace. We stayed there once back when it was Plaza Las Glorias. We didn't try to shore dive there as I really don't think they are set up for that.

I would recommend to you that you check out Christi at BlueXTsea diving. She might have room for you on her boats. Google is your friend.

Funny you mention ScubaClub, that is our favorite place and we are headed back there in Oct for a week. We try to go there about once a year.

robin

• 3 weeks later...

Update

I emailed Aqua Safari twice and never heard back from them. We went with Tres Pelicanos and they were outstanding. They don't pick up at our dock (probably because of the dive shop here). But they picked us up and took us back to our hotel with their truck or paid for a taxi. We watched them work with newly certified divers - excellent. Many on the boat had private dive masters and they all came up feeling so much more comfortable. Most were returning customers. It will be sad to leave this afternoon. Cozumel is our favorite place to dive.