2 Days in Seattle PreCruise - what area to stay in?

parentsof5

We will be flying into Seattle with 2 full days before taking the train to Vancouver before departure. Is there an area that is best for getting to the train station? Do hotels offer shuttles like they do for the airport? We will most likely be doing the downtown area sites. Although still planning for all that, with possible rental car. Thoughts appreciated.

The entire downtown area from train station to Space Needle is about two square miles - two long, one wide, so even if a property doesn't have a courtesy shuttle, an UberX or Lyft is about $7 to the train station.

I'm super-fond of the Silver Cloud Inn - Stadium - they have a shuttle, it's very close to the train station, and the rooftop pool and jacuzzi have the best sunset view you can imagine.

My wife and I really enjoyed the atmosphere at The Arctic Club Seattle (Doubletree by Hilton) in downtown Seattle when we stayed there six years ago (well before our cruising days). It looks like it's valet parking and no shuttles, but it's a six-minute drive/10-minute walk to Amtrak, so Lyft/Uber would be nominal from there.

Edited by 500adverbs
Font issue...

We stayed at the Moore Hotel right downtown, easily walking distance to the entire area. Nice hotel, very friendly and reasonable prices.

We had rented a car for the 3 days we where there and the garage was right across the street from the hotel making it very easy to get in and out.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Hyatt House (across the St from the Space Needle) last month and loved it. It was a great location, the room is like a suite with a small kitchen. They had a full breakfast with omelettes to order, with coffee being available at all times. They also offered a complimentary pick up or drop off anywhere within a mile of the hotel. There is also a huge modern supermarket about 6 blocks from the hotel. They also had a lovely rooftop sitting area.