How to cancel

Boatingmom

I was on hold over twenty minutes. Then the agent said she couldn't help me and transferred me to another line where I was put on hold again. I booked direct over the phone last July. Nice aft balconies I have to give up during spring break. It's sad enough I have to cancel but I don't think it should be this much effort. Any suggestions???

Seriously... the way they treat paying passengers I may never sail them.[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, if you booked directly through Celebrity, you should be able to cancel this online. If not, try calling back later. I find that that at times, I can be on hold for nearly an hour and at other times, they pick up immediately. You've obviously found one of their busy times so try a completely different time of day. You shouldn't be too near final payment since you say it is a spring break cruise so would just take a deep breath and try back later. Good luck.

Sign into your My Celebrity account online. If your reservation does not show up, you will have to add it. Then you can cancel it from there. I have done it in the past with no problem.
Were you able to do this with reservations that were booked onboard by a future cruise sales rep?

If so, please tell us where the "cancel" option appears on your reservation when you are logged into your Celebrity account.

For us, the "cancel" option appears only on reservations that we originally book online ourselves.

If we book it on board or over the phone, the cancel option does not show up in the reservation at all when we look at it in our account online, so we are unable to cancel it ourselves but need to call someone else to cancel it for us.

Were you able to do this with reservations that were booked onboard by a future cruise sales rep?

I wouldn't know since we never book cruises on board. Not really worth it for us. I guess they are different and you need to speak with someone, that's too bad. You should be able to cancel any reservation as long as you made it directly with Celebrity and not through a T.A.

If so, please tell us where the "cancel" option appears on your reservation when you are logged into your Celebrity account.

For us, the "cancel" option appears only on reservations that we originally book online ourselves.

If we book it on board or over the phone, the cancel option does not show up in the reservation at all when we look at it in our account online, so we are unable to cancel it ourselves but need to call someone else to cancel it for us.

Yes. I've done it a few times. "Manage your .... ".

I normally book a few cruises while aboard a cruise. Better goodies, lower deposit.

Yes. I've done it a few times. "Manage your .... ".

I normally book a few cruises while aboard a cruise. Better goodies, lower deposit.

My online account now has a link to "Manage Reservation" (without the word "your") for a cruise that was booked on board, but it does not show a cancel option.

The next screen has a link labeled "Manage Your Vacation" but there is no cancel option there either.

It no longer even provides an active link for changing the dining time, so I need to call someone to do that for me as well.

Specifically where in your reservation do you find the Cancel link for a cruise that was booked on board?

What are we overlooking?

If you can tell us that, it would be very helpful and much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Question then? When you cancel online do they credit your deposit back to my credit card I used to book it????

They better not credit my deposit back to your credit card. That would surely end my relationship with Celebrity ;p

I just checked my reservation (booked on board) and while difficult to find there is a Cancel Link.

I first clicked on Manage Your Reservation followed by clicking on Manage Your Vacation and the Cancel Link was above the Pay Balance Link.

13426844_2017-08-1614_31_41-CelebrityCruises.png.0e143d8769efdc21064ee24a13c806aa.png

I just checked my reservation (booked on board) and while difficult to find there is a Cancel Link.

I first clicked on Manage Your Reservation followed by clicking on Manage Your Vacation and the Cancel Link was above the Pay Balance Link.

I ended up calling as I needed to finalise and can't check this out - so did you go into the payment section to do this? I thought I checked there and all I could see was Pay Balance' but I hope you are right. :)

This is another example of why it is better to book through a TA rather than directly with any cruise line. Let the TA spend their time rather than you spending yours.

That doesn't work in Australia. TA's charge a cancelation fee equal to the deposit.

I ended up calling as I needed to finalise and can't check this out - so did you go into the payment section to do this? I thought I checked there and all I could see was Pay Balance' but I hope you are right. :)

To get to the cancel button:

1) Log in to your Celebrity Account

2) Click on My Reservations

3) Click on Pay Balance

4) Click on Cancel (on the Pay Balance Page)

After clicking Cancel on the Pay Balance Page you arrive at some sort of Reservation Summery

5) At the bottom of the Summary Page there is the Cancel Stateroom buttom

Pretty difficult to find, but given the Celebrity Site I would expect nothing less ;p

BTW, I think we were on a Med cruise with you the summer of 2016 from Barcelona. I definitely recall your name on one cruise I was on. If not Barcelona perhaps the UK last summer.

Take care.

Rick

To get to the cancel button:

1) Log in to your Celebrity Account

2) Click on My Reservations

3) Click on Pay Balance

4) Click on Cancel (on the Pay Balance Page)

After clicking Cancel on the Pay Balance Page you arrive at some sort of Reservation Summery

5) At the bottom of the Summary Page there is the Cancel Stateroom buttom

Pretty difficult to find, but given the Celebrity Site I would expect nothing less ;p

BTW, I think we were on a Med cruise with you the summer of 2016 from Barcelona. I definitely recall your name on one cruise I was on. If not Barcelona perhaps the UK last summer.

Take care.

Rick

Thanks.

Not 2016 as I had a DVT and couldn't fly. 2015 Barcelona to Rome on Equinox? Fabulous itinerary that was.

Thanks.

Not 2016 as I had a DVT and couldn't fly. 2015 Barcelona to Rome on Equinox? Fabulous itinerary that was.

That's it. Got my years crossed up. Only thing I didn't like was the wait to board as they scrubbed down the ship.