Which Airline has the best flights to Amsterdam?

Which Airline has the best flights to Amsterdam from JAX. Business Class? For June and August one way each.

Thanks

Marty

OMG,with nearly 20000 posts under your belt,you've fell into this pit of vipers without being specific,LOL.A totally uneducated guess would be KLM.

For me the best is least connections.. Less chance of missing a connection or losing a bag..

Not much choice from JAX -- Delta/KLM thru ATL

Or you could try UA thru EWR or IAD

You could also try driving to MCO and take LH via FRA to AMS.

OMG,with nearly 20000 posts under your belt,you've fell into this pit of vipers without being specific,LOL.A totally uneducated guess would be KLM.

Not the first time. Back in 2014, there was a thread from the same OP that took multiple postings to get any kind of info. In fact, it turned out to go from a CDG start to a MRS start. Never heard any resolution.

And, turns out the OP wanted to know about JAX-AMS in business in 2015 for a 2016 flight. In a case of deja vu all over again, Waterbug specifically asked then: "What exactly is your question? Are you simply looking for a flight itinerary? Availability to use miles? The lowest price" And got back the answer "yes, yes yes".

Guess the flights last year didn't provide any point of reference for the current inquiry.

Not the first time. Back in 2014, there was a thread from the same OP that took multiple postings to get any kind of info. In fact, it turned out to go from a CDG start to a MRS start. Never heard any resolution.

And, turns out the OP wanted to know about JAX-AMS in business in 2015 for a 2016 flight. In a case of deja vu all over again, Waterbug specifically asked then: "What exactly is your question? Are you simply looking for a flight itinerary? Availability to use miles? The lowest price" And got back the answer "yes, yes yes".

Guess the flights last year didn't provide any point of reference for the current inquiry.

obama-laughing-800x430.jpg

Hi,sorry, I was just having a laugh.I guess thats why the OP has nearly 20000 posts,lol,cheers,Brian.

Hi,sorry, I was just having a laugh.I guess thats why the OP has nearly 20000 posts,lol,cheers,Brian.

And more than a dozen since the above inquiry, over the last two days. But no follow up here on what is "best". Maybe the question wasn't that important.

Ok guys yes I am going to use Chase miles, best in flying time, layover, and number of miles.

For June 2018 and August 2018 one way each.

And yes one of you guys in 2015 were great getting me Busness class to Amsterdam, and Hong Kong.

You guys are the experts on air

Thanks

Marty :)

Ok guys yes I am going to use Chase miles' date=' best in flying time, layover, and number of miles.

For June 2018 and August 2018 one way each.

And yes one of you guys in 2015 were great getting me Busness class to Amsterdam, and Hong Kong.

You guys are the experts on air

[/quote']

Still impossible to answer.

You want best flying time.... Does that mean shortest overall travel time? Does it mean shortest possible segment across the pond? Does it mean departing from JAX at a certain time of day? Arriving at AMS at a particular time? What does "best flying time" mean?

And "layover".... what exactly do you want to know? You can probably choose to connect in any one of a number of US cities, depending on who you fly. Not really sure what you want to know here.

Hi Marty,

Best in miles for me would be the least amount I had to use. And, my Chase card puts miles into my United account, so I can't check this for you.

Is there someone at Chase that can help you with this? I don't know much about this program. Using miles, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Hi Marty,

Best in miles for me would be the least amount I had to use. And, my Chase card puts miles into my United account, so I can't check this for you.

Is there someone at Chase that can help you with this? I don't know much about this program. Using miles, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

I keep the miles in Chase till I need them.

You can transfer Chase points to British Airways, United, Singapore, Virgin Atlantic, Air France/KLM and Korean, also to Southwest. Ignoring Southwest, which doesn't have any partners for European travel, once you've transferred points to one of those airlines, you can use either that airline or any of its partners for award travel, according to the rules of the airline. So for example you can use British Airways Avios (points) for flights to/from Europe on BA itself, or on American Airlines, Iberia, AirBerlin or Finnair; you can use United points for United, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Austrian, SAS, TAP (Portuguese) or Swiss. You can use Air France/KLM for their own flights, or on Alitalia, or Delta... and so on. In all cases it's the rules of the airline to which you transfer the points that count, not the rules of the airline actually being flown.

So "best" is not only a tough question, "possible" is more important, especially if you want to fly in business class.

You can transfer Chase points to British Airways, United, Singapore, Virgin Atlantic, Air France/KLM and Korean, also to Southwest. Ignoring Southwest, which doesn't have any partners for European travel, once you've transferred points to one of those airlines, you can use either that airline or any of its partners for award travel, according to the rules of the airline. So for example you can use British Airways Avios (points) for flights to/from Europe on BA itself, or on American Airlines, Iberia, AirBerlin or Finnair; you can use United points for United, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Austrian, SAS, TAP (Portuguese) or Swiss. You can use Air France/KLM for their own flights, or on Alitalia, or Delta... and so on. In all cases it's the rules of the airline to which you transfer the points that count, not the rules of the airline actually being flown.

So "best" is not only a tough question, "possible" is more important, especially if you want to fly in business class.

Chase Reserve if you book directly with them it is less points..

For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 towards travel.4

Chase Reserve if you book directly with them it is less points..

For example' date=' 50,000 points are worth $750 towards travel.[/font']4

You are going to have to decide if your plan is to convert to a partner program or to use your points in a conversion to cash.

The latter, using your example above, values points at 0.015 per point. You can do better through a partner program, but then you may run into issues of availability, with the resultant issues of dates, times and routings.

There are services that will research all the options and book your tickets for you. They charge (and get paid) for these services. But let me give you a start.

Find out the transfer ratio for Chase points into each of the Chase partners. Then research how much each of the programs would charge for round trip tickets on their metal AND that of each of their partners (and that can vary widely). Now you have a rough idea of what each transfer option/use would "cost". Research the cost of fuel surcharges for various operating carriers.

Now, take the "costs" and evaluate that against the business class products, likely routings and equipment. Establish in your brain likely preferences so that you can pull the trigger when something in the sweet spot (or even close) is found. Now start searching - route by route, carrier by carrier, day by day.

Short layover but not to short reasonably amount of miles arrive in Amsterdam AM

As several have indicated, best to check and see which airline(s) actually have award availability in business for your travel dates. That may narrow it down a bit to this airline or that one.

Beyond that, most US-Europe flights will be redeyes that land in the morning. Depending on your plans, you may want to arrive super early (6am-ish) or late morning when it's closer to the afternoon and, for example, hotel check in times. Again though, you'll have to see what routing options and flight schedules are available for the airline(s) with business class award ticket availability.

As several have indicated, best to check and see which airline(s) actually have award availability in business for your travel dates. That may narrow it down a bit to this airline or that one.

Beyond that, most US-Europe flights will be redeyes that land in the morning. Depending on your plans, you may want to arrive super early (6am-ish) or late morning when it's closer to the afternoon and, for example, hotel check in times. Again though, you'll have to see what routing options and flight schedules are available for the airline(s) with business class award ticket availability.

Thanks for the info.

Iceland air was the winner

And I hope you know what you were buying. Icelandair (one word) business class' date=' Saga Class, is far from what most international carriers provide for "business".

A great review is from Lucky at One Mile At A Time. He flies a lot of business class and knows the products. From the review:

They frequently have reasonable business class fares. For example, it’s not unusual to see business class fares between the US and Europe for around $1,700 with a stopover in Reykjavik, which is great for business class. The only catch is that they don’t really get business class, but rather just a domestic first class product of sorts.

Review link can be found HERE.