Wailea Beach Rentals

sh1955

After searching, I finally found that you can rent an umbrella and two loungers for $30 from Aqualani (aqualianibeach.com) which has a stand in front of the Grand Wailea.

I am thinking this is probably the same outfit that NCL uses for its "beach club" excursion.

I walk past this facility during our walks along the beautiful Wailea paved pathway & see their chalkboard specials.

http://waileamauicondo.com/images/maps/Wailea.jpg

I had difficulty accessing the website you posted before discovering you added an additional "i" between the "l" and "a" so here's the correct website.

http://aqualanibeach.com/Maui/rentals-tours.htm

Wish we would have known this when we were there last week. (Sun, July 23). We kept getting the runaround looking for an umbrella, and finally just gave up & threw our towels on the sand. I didn't last long that way....very windy, and the sand kept blowing in my face. Chose to just get up, walk, and get almost knee-deep in the water for about 30-45 minutes.

After giving up on the beach, we finally went to Tommy Bahama's restaurant in the "Stores of Wailea". THAT was a great decision. [it was connected to their clothing store]. Highly recommend the place if you want a decent lunch with a relaxed atmosphere.

Besides Tommy Bahama the "Shops at Wailea" have more casual dining at Cheeseburger Grille & Tap Room.

Most Maui beaches are best in the morning because by midday they can become quite windy when the tradewinds strengthen...it's our natural air conditioning. :cool:

Wish we would have known this when we were there last week. (Sun, July 23). We kept getting the runaround looking for an umbrella, and finally just gave up & threw our towels on the sand. I didn't last long that way....very windy, and the sand kept blowing in my face. Chose to just get up, walk, and get almost knee-deep in the water for about 30-45 minutes.

After giving up on the beach, we finally went to Tommy Bahama's restaurant in the "Stores of Wailea". THAT was a great decision. [it was connected to their clothing store]. Highly recommend the place if you want a decent lunch with a relaxed atmosphere.

Are you going to submit a review of your trip? Hope so!