Turo car rental experience

Blue Eyes

Anyone have any experience renting cars through Turo? Several friends have positive experience with car rentals. I have not seen any comments from anyone on this board concerning doing a rental with Turo. Please share positive and negatives...

Anyone have any experience renting cars through Turo? Several friends have positive experience with car rentals. I have not seen any comments from anyone on this board concerning doing a rental with Turo. Please share positive and negatives...

We looked at Turo's website and saw the cars for rent in Kahului here on Maui. One that got great reviews was a Dodge Challenger. A slight problem though is that it lacks a front license plate - which is required in Hawaii. Made us wonder how thoroughly the cars are screened before being rented?

I'd go with one of the 2 that are very frequently mentioned for Hawaii car rentals - either DiscountHawaiiCarRental or Costco. Both offer most of the major car rental companies, and they're both reliable and consistently have the best prices.