The Roosevelt-Seattle and transportation questions

SuzieQ521

Hello all,

I had initially booked the Fairfield Inn-Seatac for our mid September Alaska cruise out of Pier 91; was intrigued by the free airport shuttle and then we were going to take light rail for sightseeing the Friday afternoon we get in. They also had a $14/pp shuttle to the Pier on Sat morning.

However, today I saw what looks like a pretty decent deal for the Roosevelt--$197 (incl taxes) with AAA discount, which is $40 more than the Fairfield. It is right in the heart of downtown from what I can see and close enough to take the light rail from the airport (I think Westlake station?).

1) Anyone recently stay there? It appears they are doing some lobby renovation until November which is not a big deal for us, especially just for one night. We really just want some place central, walkable to Pike Place and touristy spots (and the fact it was under $200 for a downtown hotel is appealing).

2) Is the area relatively safe? We arrive around 11 a.m. on Friday; by the time we take light trail and get to the hotel, I figure we will be there around 1 p.m, drop off our luggage and then go walk around. I doubt we will be back any later than 7-8 p.m. as we have our cruise the next day.

3) Best transportation to Pier 91 from the Roosevelt? How much should a taxi or Uber be? What about a shared shuttle?

4) Transportation from Pier 91 to Seatac-we have a 2 p.m. flight on the day we get back. It appears a taxi back to Seatac is at least $40-50. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced shuttle service? I tried to see if Princess offered something but their website said check with your travel agent (we used Costco to book our cruise).

Thanks all!

We have stayed at a few Seattle hotels and really liked the Roosevelt Hotel a lot! Since it is for one night only, or two, it really is a great place to stay. Price is reasonable (keep checking often) , centrally located, easy to walk to Pike's Place etc and lots of eateries. We especially enjoyed, right across the street from the Roosevelt, a great place for a quick breakfast sandwich or Boars Head Deli sandwich for lunch..."NYC Deli Market" 1520 7th Ave. Yum We have also used the Light Rail system to get to this hotel for super cheap...I think $3 a person. We DID have to walk a few blocks to get to hotel, from the Light Rail, but we are both able bodied and was not a problem. We have also used my favorite guy to get to a Downtown Hotel OR to Pier 91 and back to SEATAC. If interested, give AJ a call or look up on his website http://seatactowncars.com He is always on time and gives great service (206) 697-5577. Keep in mind the SeaTac free shuttle to the hotels by the airport are free because they are only a couple miles to the hotel verses 30 miles? or so to Pier 91. If I can remember right it is about $15 from Roosevelt to Pier 91 with AJ. If you call him let him know Charlene says HI! I gain nothing from him, we just really like his service and help pass the word. Uber/Lyft are another option to consider.

We have NOT been to the Roosevelt since they have done some remodeling but keep watching TripAdvisor reviews to see what people are commenting on. One more thing to consider: WE have decided to use an Airbnb for the first time in the Magnolia area next year for super cheap :-) Have an awesome trip!!

No safety concerns, especially at those hours

There are approximately 1000 Uber/Lyft vehicles in the city limits of Seattle at any one time. That part of downtown to Pier 91 is going to be $10-12 or so. To the airport it should be around $35; cabs are flat-rated from the pier at $40 but you tend to wait longer in the cab queue than for an Uber.