Oceania Riviera cruise August 5, 2017- belongings taken away from Lou he chairs by po

nannyja

Belongings moved from lounge chairs while having lunch. Absolutely horrible and inappropriate. Low class ship and people. Be careful! Overcrowded ship and very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my opinion it's time they started doing this. I have seen chairs with belongings on them all day and no one used them. Meanwhile there are people who cannot find a chair.

I don't use the pool area often, but I have observed this behaviour repeatedly. And you are correct, it is low class behaviour.

Mo

If you leave stuff on the loungers for over 30 mins they will be removed

There are notices in the daily newsletter

Sorry but you are the low class rude ones by hogging loungers you are not using

Belongings moved from lounge chairs while having lunch. Absolutely horrible and inappropriate. Low class ship and people. Be careful! Overcrowded ship and very disappointed.

Low class people are people that leave their belongings on lounge chairs while having lunch.

On Riviera in July. Bed hogs strewed belongings from 08:00 and I never saw a staff member remove them! By 12 noon the beds were still uninhabited, except by the baseball caps, STL etc. Very low class behaviour.

Oceania's well documented and common courtesy policy of removing chair hog squatter items after 30 minutes is a good one.

Hoping the OP finds a mass market cruise line to meet his/her courtesy class since, fortunately for us, Oceania is not a good fit for him/her.

Edited by willidc
addl. comment

Oceania's well documented and common courtesy policy of removing chair hog squatter items after 30 minutes is a good one.

Hoping the OP finds a mass market cruise line to meet his/her courtesy class since, fortunately for us, Oceania is not a good fit for him/her.

See my post, no. 13. They didn't remove items to free chairs/beds after hours, never mind 30 minutes.

As to your second paragraph, it's beneath contempt.

Csardus;

Believing your report for July conditions, it is highly likely that the ship may have received scolding passenger reviews and comments , on that issue, at the end of the cruise, and management dictated a strict enforcement of policy on subsequent (August) cruises.

Oceania does read those comments!

Csardus;

Believing your report for July conditions, it is highly likely that the ship may have received scolding passenger reviews and comments , on that issue, at the end of the cruise, and management dictated a strict enforcement of policy on subsequent (August) cruises.

Oceania does read those comments!

Perhaps they do read our comments but wouldn't it be more appropriate for them to maintain their own rules about beds/chairs all the time?

Have been on ships where people come up at breakfast, leave a book or things on a chair, and the same chair has the same item(s) at noon and it is obvious that the chair hasn't been used. Kudos to Oceania for enforcing a reasonable policy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Surely the OP is a troll. Who else would innocently say something like, "There I was enjoying my lunch in the MDR when the pool attendants rudely removed my belongings so that someone else who was actually in the pool area could sit down",

People come and go from the pool area all day long. It is not realistic for the cruise line to provide a lounge chair for every single passenger. If no one ever hogged a chair that they were not using, there would be sufficient for everyone.

Actually what is horrible and inappropriate is you thinking you can hog a chair. Unless you are royalty, come down off your high-horse and back to reality. Why should you get to hog a chair when you are not using it, if someone else shows up who wants to use it. You had you time on the chair. Now it is someone else's.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Surely the OP is a troll.

I would not be so sure about your comment. There is a way to look at their previous posts.

There are different cultures who believe that chair hogging is perfectly acceptable and actually common practice (not just on cruise ships but resorts/hotels also).

Trust me, I'm not saying that kind of self-centered behavior is acceptable at all. Just the opposite, it's drive me nuts when people only think about themselves and nobody else. But, I do know people from certain areas in Europe that really think this is completely normal to save their lounge chairs all day regardless when they use them or not.

Cheers,

John