Need transfer advice from Bostonians

talltexan

Two of us are flying to Boston on Sept 14, leaving on a HAL cruise Sept 16. Since it's a two week cruise we will each have a large suitcase and a carry-on (don't judge :)) so I don't think public transit is best for us. What is the best way to get from the airport to a Theater District hotel (Park Plaza @ Arlington) and also from the hotel to the cruise terminal, and your best guess on costs?

Two of us are flying to Boston on Sept 14, leaving on a HAL cruise Sept 16. Since it's a two week cruise we will each have a large suitcase and a carry-on (don't judge :)) so I don't think public transit is best for us. What is the best way to get from the airport to a Theater District hotel (Park Plaza @ Arlington) and also from the hotel to the cruise terminal, and your best guess on costs?

What time of day would you be doing this?

What time of day would you be doing this?

Our *scheduled* arrival at the airport is around 4:00, but let's just assume we won't be leaving there until sometime after 6:00 pm Thursday.

Cruise day on Saturday we'd probably want to head over to the pier between 11:00 and noon.

Our *scheduled* arrival at the airport is around 4:00, but let's just assume we won't be leaving there until sometime after 6:00 pm Thursday.

Cruise day on Saturday we'd probably want to head over to the pier between 11:00 and noon.

You're arriving during rush hour.

You're choices are taxi or Uber, which is less expensive.

Taxi from Logan to the Park Plaza should run $30-35.

Taxi to the port should be $15-20.

Uber from Logan to the Park Plaza should run $20-25.

Uber to the port should be $10-15.

You're arriving during rush hour.

You're choices are taxi or Uber, which is less expensive.

Taxi from Logan to the Park Plaza should run $30-35.

Taxi to the port should be $15-20.

Uber from Logan to the Park Plaza should run $20-25.

Uber to the port should be $10-15.

Great, thanks.

Does Boston Uber charge extra during rush like NYC?

The Park Plaza isn't in Boston's Theater District. It's not a far walk, maybe a bit under a half mile. The W and a couple other hotels are in the Theater district.

The various hotel booking sites define their own districts in Boston, which may not correspond to your definition. Hotwire considers the Park Plaza to be in the Theater District. The Park Plaza considers itself to be in Back Bay. Another site says it's in the Bay Area. To each his own.

I'd recommend Uber as well. Saturday to the cruise pier won't be a big traffic time. Thursday evening is going to stink no matter what you do, but I still wouldn't do public transit. The only hotel area I'd recommend doing that would be the aquarium area, it's the same line.

The various hotel booking sites define their own districts in Boston, which may not correspond to your definition. Hotwire considers the Park Plaza to be in the Theater District. The Park Plaza considers itself to be in Back Bay. Another site says it's in the Bay Area. To each his own.

"Bay Area" is a new term to me. I know "Back Bay" and "Bay Village".