When are new itineraries (2nd half 2019 - 2020) due out

Travelcat2

True, I look every month---it's all about getting the cabin/suite you want. I'd like to wait until I'm on a cruise to get the discount----doesn't seem to work out because the cabin/suite I want is sold out.

Thanks,

I think there is a way to have the discount applied to an existing booked cruise while you are on board, you just won't get any OBC that you would normally get when booking on board.

Check with your Travel Agent.

Not sure why this thread is recycling again , it was accurately answered a month ago!

Oceania's onboard sales Ambassador said the next round of cruise releases would be mid October. My TA told me she recently asked Oceania the same question, on behalf of another cruiser, and was told..... Mid October!

ORV is incorrect in his statement above. Oceania has now changed its booking procedures while on board. One can now get the OBC and all other onboard perks by either:

1. Booking a cruise as before, or;

2. Purchasing a Future Cruise Certificate, the cost of which is $350 per person.

Oceania no longer desires to sell "placeholder " cruises. They have learned those bite them in the butt to much. With the Future Cruise Certificate you have two years from purchase date to apply it to any cruise, while still getting all the benefits of onboard booking of any specific cruise. They are fully refundable, less the $100 OBC already applied. I , in fact, purchased one each for my wife and I in July.

Not sure why this thread is recycling again , it was accurately answered a month ago!

Oceania's onboard sales Ambassador said the next round of cruise releases would be mid October. My TA told me she recently asked Oceania the same question, on behalf of another cruiser, and was told..... Mid October!

ORV is incorrect in his statement above. Oceania has now changed its booking procedures while on board. One can now get the OBC and all other onboard perks by either:

1. Booking a cruise as before, or;

2. Purchasing a Future Cruise Certificate, the cost of which is $350 per person.

Oceania no longer desires to sell "placeholder " cruises. They have learned those bite them in the butt to much. With the Future Cruise Certificate you have two years from purchase date to apply it to any cruise, while still getting all the benefits of onboard booking of any specific cruise. They are fully refundable, less the $100 OBC already applied. I , in fact, purchased one each for my wife and I in July.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I was talking about. I have done it.

I agree, but it's my understanding that if you book a cabin/suite before your next cruise so you get the suite/cabin you want. When you cruise next time and try to book again, if that category is sold out, you don't get the discount. You may or may not get an OBC (small amount) for that cruise. Anyone know for sure...........

Ronrick;

Totally don't understand your questions. It appears you're asking "if you book a waitlist category for a future cruise while aboard, do you still get the OBC and lowest price guarantee?" I believe the answer is yes.

However, if a cruise or category is listed as "sold out ", you can't book it in any case. So it doesn't apply.

Was that the jist of your question?

My take on Ronrick's question

I think Ronrick is thinking if they book their cabin now for a Feb cruise then sail in November they are trying to get the discounted rate for their cabin along with the OBC associated with the booking onboard

I am guessing that was the jist of his question

If the cat is still open then maybe you will get the discounted rate

if it is listed as sold out I would say NO Discount or OBC

again just guessing ..you can always ask onboard

If you book a specific future cruise, or purchase a Future Cruise Certificate, while on board, you get the $100 OBC for the current cruise along with the other perks of onboard booking.

If the cruise is listed as "sold out", they won't let you book it. Therefore, you have no booking and didn't meet either category above, so nothing applies.

I'm thinking it is the situation LHT28 described.

One already has a booking in the future. Before that date they are on a cruise. On board they want to get a credit for the future cruise already booked.

And I agree, at least for us when we had sailings already booked we would get the benefit but only if the category had availability. T

Not done it in the last couple of years as have not had as many bookings on O 'stacked' up.

I'm thinking it is the situation LHT28 described.

One already has a booking in the future. Before that date they are on a cruise. On board they want to get a credit for the future cruise already booked.

And I agree, at least for us when we had sailings already booked we would get the benefit but only if the category had availability. T

Not done it in the last couple of years as have not had as many bookings on O 'stacked' up.

That was our recent experience as well (April 17).

In fact we changed an existing 14 day booking into two 7 day B2B bookings with $200 OBC and a better deal overall (and 2 cruise credits) as our cat was still available (different cabin to accommodate B2B)

If you book a specific future cruise, or purchase a Future Cruise Certificate, while on board, you get the $100 OBC for the current cruise along with the other perks of onboard booking.

If the cruise is listed as "sold out", they won't let you book it. Therefore, you have no booking and didn't meet either category above, so nothing applies.

I still don't think you understand what is being discussed. Let me try this again.

Let's say you book a cruise today, with your TA at regular prices and make the deposit.

3 months later you are on a cruise, you talk to the Future Cruise consultant and get the on board savings applied to the existing cruise that you booked 3 months ago. In order to get the reduction there must still be availability in the category you booked.

You get the reduced rate but no OBC. This was my experience last year. Others might be different.

Writing while the other guys posted. I think we're all saying the same thing.

Paul;

Was your $200 OBC = 2x$100 , $100 for each cruise?

Our onboard Sales Ambassador (July 17), clearly said that if you book 1 future cruise, you get $100. If you book 2 future cruises, you still get only $100 OBC on current cruise. She said same for Future Cruise Credits.

If one cancels a cruise, then they cancel a cruise whether on board or not. That is a different action from booking a new cruise. Sometimes Miami will allow one to roll the deposit from a cancelled cruise over to a new booking, other times not. You make a new deposit, they refund the old.

However, there is one circumstance that is different. If the cruise, to be cancelled was booked aboard ship and the $100 OBC was applied for that booking. The policy allows one cancellation, for such booking to maintain the $100 OBC. If one cancelled such a booking and immediately rebooked a new cruise, it would be considered the replacement cruise for the one booked. So no new $100 OBC would apply. Make sense?

what perks do you get for booking on board? other than the $100 OBC for current cruise?

Here are several threads discussing this topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2480806&highlight=onboard+booking

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2396130&highlight=onboard+booking

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2444029&highlight=onboard+booking

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, please ask.