Help! Which accessories should I wear????

lizzyla

I have bought this dress to wear on HAL Alaskan cruise fiesta evening and am unsure what accessories would be best. Its as you can see quite a busy pattern,

maip.jpgnly black, greys, plums and warm purple shades.

Wondering if a blingy necklace will be too much, should I stick with some statement earrings perhaps? I have black sandals with heels or flat gold sandals. Age? 60 (just!)

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated, would you think black accessories would work? Thinking maybe jet. The dress does look full on but probably less so in the flesh. Nice mix of warm autumnal shades. Have a deep grey pashmina so far... First cruise, long time since I dressed up this much...

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated, would you think black accessories would work? Thinking maybe jet. The dress does look full on but probably less so in the flesh. Nice mix of warm autumnal shades. Have a deep grey pashmina so far... First cruise, long time since I dressed up this much...

Just want you to know that there is no more "formal" night on HAL. The "gala" night only requires "dress up" as far as kakis and a collared golf shirt for men and pants and a shirt or sundress for women. You will look lovely in your dress (which I would only put with a simple pair of silver or gold (your favorite) hoops, no longer than 1". Just be aware that you will be in a minority dressed up so much. Alaska cruises themselves are just more casual by the nature of being in Alaska. Wear the dress proudly!! It looks Tie-dye to me and my Hippy BoHo self would pick something like that if I had to do a dress for an occasion.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but we are cruising next August to Alaska on HAL. I just pulled my husband's navy wool sport coat out of the closet. Very good shape and it has survived our humid climate (Maui).

I was thinking we would have to buy him some new wool dress pants, as the old ones are an olive color. Not seeing that this color is in style any longer. He does not own a suit.

So, he has tan/dressy Dockers. That will be good enough for dinner? There are no more "formal" nights? Thanks....

Thanks. Now I am going to have to find something to wear. Would a sleeveless knee length dress that you would wear to a dinner out be too formal? I don't own dress pants. I do have a nice silk skirt to wear with some dress pumps. I either have flip flops, Nike's, or dress shoes. LOL

Lovely colors......I am a purple gal and think your dress is lovely:D......since you are asking for opinions.........I would wear

a necklace (something like a simple solitaire in a white metal) but that is just me.....with that neckline I would feel

naked without a necklace but again, that is just me. Oh, definitely a pair of earrings:), I think silver or white gold goes

beautifully with the purple family:)

And I would wear the black sandals.

Enjoy your cruise:)