Return home flight time wait?

AngloSaxon

Hi all,

Has anybody got ideas on what to do with the wait for your return flight home from Barbados? I have a 19.20pm flight and presume I will be disembarking first thing in the morning and will be shuttled to the airport. So where do we leave luggage if we want to go into town etc?

Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated.

PC

You don't have to leave first thing. Hold cases have to be outside your cabin last thing the night before and you have to vacate your room by I think 8am. Passengers are shuttled to the airport by flight number depending on when they leave. I think the early ones start being called early pm. You are free to do as you wish while you are waiting ie stay on board, go to the beach (or anywhere else come to that). Your can leave your hand luggage in the theatre. You could also go on a last day excursion, I think the P&O one leaves the ship shortly after breakfast and drops you at the airport at the end. You might get to the airport very early if you choose this option as there will be folk with earlier flights on the trip. If you wish you can also purchase a day cabin which you can use until I think 2pm. It's not bad at all .... you might well get to the airport 3 hours before flying but the last day is always the worst.

You have the opportunity to make a day of it in Barbados before your flight home. You will find out when you are due to leave the ship to board your airport transfer. All you need to do is make sure you are back on board in time for that. Please make the most of that final day.

Just in case it wasn't clear from the above answers. You do not have to leave the ship until you are called for your flight. When we had a flight time of about 5pm we didn't leave the ship until about 1.45pm. We stayed on board for the morning then went and had a nice lunch in the main restaurant. You can choose to go off the ship if you wish - sometimes I've gone across to the shops in the terminal and had a wander there and at other times we've gone into Bridgetown and then come back for lunch. You certainly don't have to leave the ship if you don't want to until you are called for your journey to the airport.