Baggage Question

Ereggae

Did Celebrity reinstate the luggage valet system? Would love the convenience of not having to worry about checking in baggage at the airport since with that system you don't see the luggage until you arrive home.

Wonderful. Thanks for the prompt response. Should I assume that you have used it and it works without a hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used it when we came off of the Equinox a week or so age and I was nervous right up to the moment the bags appeared on the Carousel in Denver. It worked perfectly and it was great to not have to deal with disembarkation or wrangle our luggage from the port to the airport, and being able to skip checking in at the airport.

Now if they could just reverse the process for embarkation -- check your bags at the airport straight through to the ship so they are waiting in your cabin when you get there.

I'm not sure how much info Celebrity has on its web site about Luggage Valet. We used it many times from Ft. Lauderdale and only had a problem once with a bag that went missing. Since the airline had a record of the bag being checked in I don't think the fault was with LV. If you do a search of posts I think there is one with an image of the forms.

From what I remember from a few years ago. If your flight and disembarkation are in the same city your flight generally has to be noon or later. If disembarking from Ft Lauderdale and flying from Miami your flight has to be 1:00 or later. The fee is approx. $25 per person, plus any baggage fees the airline charges. Celebrity prints your boarding passes and luggage tags. You put your luggage in the hall the night before and pick it up at your home airport. You have to be flying to a US city. You can be rejected from the program by customs, which is totally random. The last time we used it we had to meet as a group and wait for the go signal to disembark. Other times we were able to walk off at our leisure.

CHEZMARYLOU,

Thank you so much for the information!

Do you recall what time you had to meet as a group to disembark? And approximately how long ago that was?

A friend told me they did it once and had to disembark at 7:00am! Too early for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For Southwest, the flight out of FLL HAS to be between 2:00pm and 6:00pm NO earlier and NO later.

Also not, once Celebrity delivers your boarding pass the night before, from THAT point on, its the AIRLINE'S responsibility to get your luggage to your city. In other-words, even if Celebrity throws your luggage off the side of the ship the night before, the airline is still taking responsibility for it. If your luggage doesn't make it for whatever reason, don't bother contacting Celebrity, contact your airline.

Also, interestingly, when using this service, if your bag is overweight, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED EXTRA. That is a nice perk after taking a cruise.

Those using this service need to remember to pack in those suitcases any liquids that do not meet TSA requirements for carrying onto the plane.

Since you will not have access to your suitcases in the morning or pre-flight, you will have no opportunity on disembarkation day to put those liquids into the suitcases.

For Southwest, the flight out of FLL HAS to be between 2:00pm and 6:00pm NO earlier and NO later.

Also not, once Celebrity delivers your boarding pass the night before, from THAT point on, its the AIRLINE'S responsibility to get your luggage to your city. In other-words, even if Celebrity throws your luggage off the side of the ship the night before, the airline is still taking responsibility for it. If your luggage doesn't make it for whatever reason, don't bother contacting Celebrity, contact your airline.

Also, interestingly, when using this service, if your bag is overweight, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED EXTRA. That is a nice perk after taking a cruise.

Is this just Southwest for the 2 pm departure. Not Delta?

Sent from my 9024W using Forums mobile app

Would like to use luggage valet from the Equinox. We fly out of Miami and have 11:30 am flight. My concern is that we do not have seat assignments with United. Booked the basic fare when it was new not realizing details! I have read the program will deliver your boarding pass and luggage receipt the night before. Has anyone used the program without having assigned seats?