Excited to be Trying Azamara in 2019!

transam84

Hi Everyone, Thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I'm Laura and I'm a loyal to Royal cruiser...until recently anyway. I'm Diamond on Royal and so I'm glad I can keep my brand status. Next year I'm trying Celebrity Millie to Asia, and in 2019 I've decided to take another step and try Azamara. I just booked 21-Sept-2019 Italy Intensive Cruise in a Club Spa Suite - 9000 on the Journey. I have been wanting to go back to Italy and love the intensive itinerary! I'm so excited about the spa suite! It sounds azamazing! Anyone who has stayed in one of these two suites and has pictures or info to share with me I would be most grateful. I have a little concern the cabin might be a bit noisey, but it is so beautiful and I love all the perks. Also anyone who has done "nights in private places" and has info, advice, or pictures to share I would also love it. It also sounds azamazing! Looking forward to chatting with you all and sailing Azamara!

Have you taken a look at Azamara for Asia? If it's Southeast Asia and you look at the ports, you will see that Azamara has an extra port, more time at ports, and docks in two cities (Ho Chi Minh and Bangkok) where the Millennium docks a couple of hours away. I am not an Azamara loyalist and that is our first Azamara cruise. It just makes so much sense as long as the finances work for you. In fact, we actually loved our first M class ship this past summer on the sister ship, the Constellation and have the Millennium booked ourselves for next summer in Alaska. It's a great class of ship, but not so much for Southeast Asia.

I do agree about Asia. We did a cruise on the Quest from Singapore to Hong Kong including Thailand and Vietnam. It was great sailing up the Chao Praya River into Bangkok and up the Snake River into Ho Chi Minh City. Azamara run shuttle buses into both towns, but it doesn't take long, unlike sailing on the larger ships that have to dock at the coast, leaving a long drive to get to either city.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have stayed in the spa suite 7 times and have more booked. there are 4 closets but not enough folded clothes space in cabin. the shower has 7 jets or hand held. taking a bath and watching the world go by is great. once in a while the crew door is loud. one cruise it was loud and i mention to the spa manager she called and had it fixed. needed to be adjusted. a trick if you need ice during the day. instead of calling the butler who bring it. take the ice bucket to the pool bar which takes minutes. less time than the butler can get it.

not done the nights in private places yet.. but i enjoy my my spa credit very much.

I have stayed in the spa suite 7 times and have more booked. there are 4 closets but not enough folded clothes space in cabin. the shower has 7 jets or hand held. taking a bath and watching the world go by is great. once in a while the crew door is loud. one cruise it was loud and i mention to the spa manager she called and had it fixed. needed to be adjusted. a trick if you need ice during the day. instead of calling the butler who bring it. take the ice bucket to the pool bar which takes minutes. less time than the butler can get it.

not done the nights in private places yet.. but i enjoy my my spa credit very much.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoy the spa suite and noise is not a problem. We also enjoy the spa when we sail so the credit will be well used. The bathroom sounds fabulous. Reason I booked this suite over others. I'm very excited to sail Azamara in this suite!

The one advantage Celebrity has over Azamara for Southeast Asia is the choice of dates. Our Hong Kong to Singapore 15-day is in October of 2019, but there are only one or two of these every year because the Quest will do a different itinerary from Singapore after our cruise. We were lucky that Azamara happened to be doing the itinerary we wanted at a great time for us (I can't travel in January through mid-April because of work). Good luck.

The one advantage Celebrity has over Azamara for Southeast Asia is the choice of dates. Our Hong Kong to Singapore 15-day is in October of 2019, but there are only one or two of these every year because the Quest will do a different itinerary from Singapore after our cruise. We were lucky that Azamara happened to be doing the itinerary we wanted at a great time for us (I can't travel in January through mid-April because of work). Good luck.

I am going to be booking the same October 2019 cruise while we're onboard Journey next month. The timing works great for us as well, not because of work, but our Palm Springs area is PERFECT Jan-April and we don't want to miss any of it! I'll see you on the roll call.

And I agree, Azamara is the way to go in SE Asia. I've heard it can take 2+ hours each way to get from the port where larger ships must doc into Bangkok.

Cheryl

And I agree, Azamara is the way to go in SE Asia. I've heard it can take 2+ hours each way to get from the port where larger ships must doc into Bangkok.

Cheryl

Good point and very true. I see that Azamara has a definite benefit, and being a small ship for Europe or Asia will be great.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoy the spa suite and noise is not a problem. We also enjoy the spa when we sail so the credit will be well used. The bathroom sounds fabulous. Reason I booked this suite over others. I'm very excited to sail Azamara in this suite!

I just did the Norway cruise. nothing like watching it go from the tub when you are getting ready for dinner.Oh there a drawers in the bathroom but not great for folded clothes. plus storage in he toilet room. i use it for back stock if more than one cruise. But again not fro clothes

I am going to be booking the same October 2019 cruise while we're onboard Journey next month. The timing works great for us as well, not because of work, but our Palm Springs area is PERFECT Jan-April and we don't want to miss any of it! I'll see you on the roll call.

Cheryl

We'll be there Cheryl (also my wife's name, but spells with an S). Roll call hasn't been started yet.

Azamara gives you the extra night in Bangkok, the day in Ko Samui and the closer dockings. I see this as a one time special trip for us and we may as well take advantage of the better itinerary.

Len

Edited by hubofhockey

I just did the Norway cruise. nothing like watching it go from the tub when you are getting ready for dinner.Oh there a drawers in the bathroom but not great for folded clothes. plus storage in he toilet room. i use it for back stock if more than one cruise. But again not fro clothes

Thanks for the tips Robin. I'm pretty creative with storage. I also pack with travel organizers, my great new find after an active trip to Alaska. So I think they will help if I have some shelves to put them on. And yes that tub and shower look divine. Anything else you think of please pass my way. Glad to have a spa suite veteran providing info. :)