interesting new perk maybe

LHT28

I was just trying to look at the Alaska cruises for next for the OP in another thread

When I was doing the booking I saw

Free Concierge Laundry (3 bags) as one of the options to check along with the O Life

Anyone get this option for next year ?

Wonder if it will be part of the new O Life for 2018 ??

not that I would use it

Curious minds want to know :halo:

I was just trying to look at the Alaska cruises for next for the OP in another thread

Free Concierge Laundry (3 bags) as one of the options to check along with the O Life

not that I would use it

Interesting.

Agree - certainly not as valuable as any of the other 3 O Life options, IMO.

Interesting.

Agree - certainly not as valuable as any of the other 3 O Life options, IMO.

I think it may be in addition to the others

like free internet

Hope I do not get a phone call now after playing around :eek:

I think it may be in addition to the others

like free internet

Hope I do not get a phone call now after playing around :eek:

If it is like internet (i.e. in addition to O Life) then there would be no decision to be made when choosing O Life.

It would make sense whether one uses it or not - like internet?

That was a great find LHT28. We had a 7 day cruise booked for 2018. Just emailed O - within 10 minutes

they added the free 3 bag laundry and sent a new invoice. What great customer service !

I can't answer the concierge level only part of the question but the amenity is called "concierge free 3 bags of laundry". We had booked a concierge veranda.

Based on above discussion, it appears to me that O finds it a bit more difficult to sell concierge cabins - at least on some cruises - and has decided to sweeten the pot.

Like with all concierge benefits - some find them worth the extra money, while others do not.

As always, YMMV

Yes when I was looking at Concierge cabin so I am guessing it may be a perk I did not check other Cabin Cat

I did look at the 7 & 11 day Alaska cruise in Aug 2018

it is as stated above 3 bags per stateroom

so if your spouse is sharing the same cabin I am sure she would let you squeeze a few items into one of the bags :)

I have not seen this before but then again I do not book online with O

Maybe it was in one of their brochures but we are now brochure free LOL

A closely guarded secret until now :)

Congratulations on your achievement! I'm sure there are some in awe. Patience and persistence paid off.

I think my TA had the right number to stop them :D

Hope I did not jinx it by mentioning it :eek:

not that I would use it

Thanks LHT28 for the heads Up! We have two cruises in 2018 booked in concierge cabins and hate to do laundry! Getting in touch with our TA tomorrow to make sure that new perk is added to our bookings!

The $64.00 question is, how much laundry does one do on a seven day cruise.

Definitely one of those YMMV answers.

For us, we are doing a one week land vacation before and after our 7 day cruise so, worth something to us (not a lot though).

Also, my wife always likes to do the laundry the last day of vacation (if possible, like when we stay at our timeshare) so it's not something she has to deal with when we get home and unpack.

Cheers,

John

Thanks LHT28 for the heads Up! We have two cruises in 2018 booked in concierge cabins and hate to do laundry! Getting in touch with our TA tomorrow to make sure that new perk is added to our bookings!

Not sure if all cruises are affected just noticed the one for Alaska

but worth asking

Not sure if all cruises are affected just noticed the one for Alaska

but worth asking

According to the website when you select a specific cruise and check the concierge cabin amenities, it lists the 3 bags of laundry as a new perk along with another in room dining perk. It appears these new perks start towards the end of 2017, with specific dates for each ship.

According to the website when you select a specific cruise and check the concierge cabin amenities, it lists the 3 bags of laundry as a new perk along with another in room dining perk. It appears these new perks start towards the end of 2017, with specific dates for each ship.

Ah found it

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

• NEW – Room service from the Grand Dining Room menu during lunch and dinner (Effective on Riviera October 17th, 2017 and Marina October 28th, 2017)
  • NEW – FREE laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+++ (Effective on Riviera October 17th, 2017 and Marina October 28th, 2017)

+Limited availability

++Certain limitations apply

+++Up to 20 garments per laundry bag