Is Celebrity reading website issue thread?

phoenix_dream

Just wonder if anyone has any clue/indication that anyone from Celebrity is actually reading the website issue thread? I am so frustrated with their website these days. It was bad before. Now it is awful. I am not expecting them to respond to each problem unfortunately, but would be nice to know if anyone was even looking. I know they used to have a rep read through various threads now and then and would sometimes even reply. Have not noticed that happening in a long time. I know we are a small (but vocal) group, but being vocal we represent the thoughts and opinions of the greater good so to speak.

They don't need to read these boards to know what is going on. The call center & Captain Club reps are getting tons of calls and forwarding resolution requests, and booking shore excursions, dining reservations and other things that should be done online.

I don't think the complaining and multitude posts of problems will change anything. They hired a firm to redo the website (can't recall what company it was) and it is still not very user friendly.

I don't see any web issue at all.Are you all using IOS.

The best thing is to post whatever problems here and hope they will fix it.

I know they changed the web page and we do need sometimes to get used to and navigate.

Hope this is helpful.

I will be on Equinox on this coming Sunday.Shell I let the Captain know?

Just kidding.

Just wonder if anyone has any clue/indication that anyone from Celebrity is actually reading the website issue thread? I am so frustrated with their website these days. It was bad before. Now it is awful. I am not expecting them to respond to each problem unfortunately, but would be nice to know if anyone was even looking. I know they used to have a rep read through various threads now and then and would sometimes even reply. Have not noticed that happening in a long time. I know we are a small (but vocal) group, but being vocal we represent the thoughts and opinions of the greater good so to speak.

I know for a fact that the head of IT was given the link to the thread Report Website Issues Here and has responded receipt of the link. They are working (too slowly and ineffectually IMHO) on the issues and are supposed to fix many of them by the end of August. Of course, they also said they would be fixed by the end of June, and July and we all know how that turned out!

The new tech that they hired to improve the old system must be a relative that needed a job. Whoever it is certainly doesn't have any knowledge about setting up a user friendly site or knows anything about the crusie industry.

Under Elite Plus benefits it lists 240 internet minutes In the opening paragraph and in the bullet points it is 200???

Try going back a page when looking at a cruise.

Totally useless site.

We should all bombard them with emails

Celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I don't see any web issue at all.Are you all using IOS.

The best thing is to post whatever problems here and hope they will fix it.

I know they changed the web page and we do need sometimes to get used to and navigate.

Hope this is helpful.

I will be on Equinox on this coming Sunday.Shell I let the Captain know?

Just kidding.

You are indeed one of the fortunate few. I am using an up to date computer with Windows 10, and on all four browsers (Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox) there are issues. I have not been able to do anything because since the launch of the new website when I click Manage My Reservation I am told I must complete primary guest information prior to making changes. Nothing is missing. No one at Celebrity after multiple calls can determine how to fix it. I cannot purchase air through Celebrity because the site tells me to complete my booking. The booking was made by the same TA I've used for 11 years with nary an error ever. In fact, the reservation was fine for the 17 months prior to the launch of the new site. The booking is not only complete, but paid in full. In fact, when I go into Manage My Reservation, and Click Before you Board, Check In and Port Information, the new site tells me my ship is leaving from USA.

I hate the new website. My dear SIL won't cruise w any other line, so we are stuck. I'm confident we will enjoy our Alaska cruise, but I would never recommend Celebrity to any of my friends due to the website fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think it's that bad. Some issues? Certainly. The biggest gripe is probably the unfamiliarity versus the old site.

It's not likely they fix isolated issues here and there. You have to build a list of known issues, prioritize fixes and release updates in chunks. It will definitely take some time before it's perfected.

But Viking cruise line does. I have a friend who always sails Viking. She had posted something on cruise critic and within 24 hours the cruise line responded to her.

Not only Viking but Azamara. Azamara has a "Chief Blogging Officer" who monitors the CC board, replies to posts and will assist with problems and issues.

And, for those who aren't aware of it, Azamara belongs to the same corporate parent as Celebrity. So why doesn't Celebrity have an equivalent person?:mad:

They must see the loss of business. I am booked, fully paid, and completely checked in, but most days I can't even find the excursions on my cruise planner. Also, I can't even bring up new cruises to scout out. I've checked several times. My internet isn't the fastest - that may be why - everything is so "fancy" that it takes too long to load. I have to go to other sites that sell for Celebrity to check out new cruises. Sad, I'm sure they must be seeing a difference in their sales overall.

Maybe LLP will address the issue on the next President's cruise if cruisers nention the mess.... Biggest issues for us are searching for excursions and cruises we might book ( must be nuts) and the dashboard dysfunction..

I don't think it's that bad. Some issues? Certainly. The biggest gripe is probably the unfamiliarity versus the old site.

It's not likely they fix isolated issues here and there. You have to build a list of known issues, prioritize fixes and release updates in chunks. It will definitely take some time before it's perfected.

Yes, I would agree. They have a social media team that watches this site as well as others, but I think most of the issues identified are ones that they are already aware of. Sadly it's a slow process and will take some time for Peter and his team to iron out all the bugs in a totally new rebuild

I disagree that most of the gripes are due to unfamiliarity, at least the ones I've read (and have). I am talking basic functionality. Like always getting an error message when you enter your userid and password, only to have it accept the second time. Like checking in completely and then continuing to get messages that you need to check in but you can't do it until missing information is completed (missing information?? I already have my Xpress pass printed out). These are pretty basic functionality issues which have been going on for a long time now. I have a lot of experience working IT projects (more than 25 years) so I am not unfamiliar with new rollouts and fixing bugs (heaven knows I've seen more than my share) but for such a major player in the industry this is pretty bad.

I got so fed up with the site, that I cancelled my cruise, and rebooked with Princess. Same date. What a beautiful site. Very user friendly.

LOL, I canceled 3 reservations.I tried for weeks to get on and manage my 3 reservations,NOTHING!! So I canceled them.Haven,t rebooked with another cruise line yet ,but I am thinking of Princess also.

Why cant they fix one thing at a time? Here are a few ideas:

On cruise searches, make itin lists vertical ( as it used to be) rather than running across piecemeal,.,can' t print that out or read easily....really useless

Make cruise search straight forward and easier... region, ship, ports dates..,

Fix excursion search...over and over it shows Akasja or endless lists. Sort excursions by region and port, include descripton, times and cost, No need to sort into categories and repeats one that fit into multiple categories..

They need logical minds who have used cruise booking websites...

LOL, I canceled 3 reservations.I tried for weeks to get on and manage my 3 reservations,NOTHING!! So I canceled them.Haven,t rebooked with another cruise line yet ,but I am thinking of Princess also.

DW wants to look at Princess for our next cruise and I have no reason to argue with her. We have sailed on Princess 4 times in past.

For seasoned Celebrity cruisers it's not so much the unfamiliarity but rather the loss of functionality that we used to have - such as:

- cabin classes are no longer listed, making loyalty upgrade decisions more difficult

- you can no longer investigate shore excursions unless you have a booked cruise

- with the exception of inside cabins, you can no longer make a quick comparison of cabin prices for similar cruises

This leaves many of us using online TA websites to get the information that we used to be able to get on the Celebrity website.

And then in addition to the loss of functionality due to design changes, there are all of the software errors in the current version - such as:

- you can not currently register for a connections party

- conflicting information - for example:

Two different paths through the website give you two different descriptions of the Classic Beverage Package. First shows cans and fountain sodas and second only fountain when you click on Learn More to see the details for the package.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/thi...c-and-standard

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/...c-and-standard

The various website threads show many other problems and conflicting information.

Yes, I would agree. They have a social media team that watches this site as well as others, but I think most of the issues identified are ones that they are already aware of. Sadly it's a slow process and will take some time for Peter and his team to iron out all the bugs in a totally new rebuild

Johhnnyt, I usually agree with your sensible well reasoned posts, but I have to disagree with this one. I have been trying for 4 months to manage my reservations, however the site keeps telling me to complete my booking before making changes. It will not allow me to purchase transportation, hotels or flights. I have called captains club, celebrity one touch and even the CEO's office. My next cruise was booked in Jan, 2016 through a TA. All was well before the new site launched. There have been multiple IT tickets opened, but none have worked. I have been in direct phone and email contact with IT, asking nicely and with good humor, but in 4 months no one has solved the problems. DH and I prefer sailing with Celebrity, but it's next to impossible to get anything done on the website. They admit that the problems are on their end, the TA and I did everything correctly, but no one on their end in 4 months can fix it so that we can plan or purchase through Celebrity. We've made other travel arrangements at this point on our own. It would have been nice to have it under one umbrella. Sadly, we will seriously consider booking elsewhere.