Arcadia E Deck Aft Likelihood of Smells/Plumbing Problems

Hi, I've read a few reports about sewage smells and plumbing problems on Arcadia. Equally I've read reports saying there aren't any issues, so I was wondering if it depended on where you were on the ship? If anyone has stayed in one of the aft facing cabins on E deck on Arcadia please could they let me know if there were any issues. Alternatively is there an area of the ship that is definitely OK?

Thank you

I had E187 back in 2010 and the toilet system in the block was always clogging up. The stench in the corridor was awful.

More than likely customers flushing items down the toilet that they are not supposed to do. It is widely notified in various places but people still keep on doing it and will never stop happening.

I was on for 24 nights this time last year and I've been on Arcadia 9 times on most decks. I can honestly say I have seen an issue with toilets by the restaurant but other than passengers blocking toilets (let's face it that happens on most ships) I've not seen any terrible plumbing issues that were reoccurring. I wouldn't worry too much, she is one of my favourite ships and I think you will have a lovely time [emoji2]

In my opinion the very back of B deck is definitely ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I'm afraid on Arcadia last year there were unpleasant smells emitting from around the promenade deck and I spoke to a few people on E deck who had complained.

Quite a few of the toilets had problems, I think Arcadia is due for a re-fit soon and needs it.

I did not experience any smell issue this time on the Arcadia. Usually it was around the toilets near the art gallery, but even there it was fine.

There was one instance when I thought there was something, then I realised someone had let one go in front of me.... :(

Yes, they had some blockage issues - as mentioned above, it was down to someone yet again flushing something they shouldn't.

Apparently, she will have new toilets in the upcoming Autumn refit.

It's fairly common for a blockage to occur sometime after about 11pm on a formal night, and the type of item causing the blockage is often the same.

Let me explain.....

On a formal night, people tend to have a drink or two, or sometimes three or four more than they usually would.

Unfortunately some people have rather more than that and......... well, let's just say that the item causing the blockage is often false teeth.

:eek:

We've just arrived home from a fab cruise on Arcadia today. We didn't have any issues with toilets however, my parents, who were on A Deck Starboard had issues with their toilets for a couple of days in the 1st week. They were told a number of cabins were affected in their 'zone' and had been caused by people flushing hand towels down the toilets in the Public Areas. This resulted in hand towels being removed from toilets so hand dryers had to be used. All cabins were sent reminders of what should/shouldn't be flushed down the toilets. Even after the problem seemed to resolved there was a stinky smell on Promenade Deck Mid Ships where, surprisingly, people would still choose to sit?!?

We've just arrived home from a fab cruise on Arcadia today. We didn't have any issues with toilets however, my parents, who were on A Deck Starboard had issues with their toilets for a couple of days in the 1st week. They were told a number of cabins were affected in their 'zone' and had been caused by people flushing hand towels down the toilets in the Public Areas. This resulted in hand towels being removed from toilets so hand dryers had to be used. All cabins were sent reminders of what should/shouldn't be flushed down the toilets. Even after the problem seemed to resolved there was a stinky smell on Promenade Deck Mid Ships where, surprisingly, people would still choose to sit?!?

I was on the same cruise and really enjoyed it.

Regarding the blocked toilets, I found it unbelievable that despite a verbal instruction over the tannoy at the beginning of the cruise as to the correct usage of the toilet system, large notices on the back of cubicle doors, signs in the bathrooms, additional notices delivered to cabins, and messages in the daily horizon, some passengers still thought the rules didn't apply to them resulting in an inconvenience to their fellow passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on that cruise too.

Warford Lady, I could not agree more. I was astounded that they had to remind everyone by 'cabin memo'. There's enough warnings around that they shouldn't need to say it over and over.

Sleeptastic - I'd forgot about that smell on the Prom deck. it comes out of those vents - like you I can't figure out why people still sit around there.

At least any smell is now being directed outside now, and not in the Art gallery area.

I was on that cruise too.

Warford Lady, I could not agree more. I was astounded that they had to remind everyone by 'cabin memo'. There's enough warnings around that they shouldn't need to say it over and over.

Sleeptastic - I'd forgot about that smell on the Prom deck. it comes out of those vents - like you I can't figure out why people still sit around there.

At least any smell is now being directed outside now, and not in the Art gallery area.

Unfortunately people do place all sorts down the loos . If you look at the Britannia smells thread , it may be possible that the smells have originated from foreign bodies put down loos. It sometimes amazes me that people leave their brains behind when they go on holiday and choose not to read warnings and instructions.:mad: