Hotel near Boston cruise port suggestion post cruise

Ms.Fixit

I'd like to spend a night post cruise near waterfront. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good reasonable hotel that we could walk around and explore this area? Our car would be at Black Falcon terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"reasonable" is one of those words that means something different for everyone.

If you can give us your dates and your budget and your bedding requirements we can help with a hotel.

There are at least 7 hotels in the Seaport area, but their prices all rise and fall with each other, depending on season and conventions at the convention centers in the area.

"reasonable" is one of those words that means something different for everyone.

If you can give us your dates and your budget and your bedding requirements we can help with a hotel.

There are at least 7 hotels in the Seaport area, but their prices all rise and fall with each other, depending on season and conventions at the convention centers in the area.

Hi by reasonable meaning 200 to 300 a night and preferably in walking distance to the back bay or cruise terminal. I think leaving the car in the terminal would be best. After debarked from ship we would stow luggage in car and take what we needed for one nights stay at a nearby hotel.

No I did not. I thought you could pay for whatever many nights you want?

You can move your car into the EDIC garage and pay the going rate.

At this point Hotwire is your friend. In the Seaport area you can get a 4* hotel for $234 + taxes and fees and 100% approval rating for Sep 8. This is likely to be the Westin Convention Center.

You can move your car into the EDIC garage and pay the going rate.

At this point Hotwire is your friend. In the Seaport area you can get a 4* hotel for $234 + taxes and fees and 100% approval rating for Sep 8. This is likely to be the Westin Convention Center.

Thank you for this information! I assumed we had to park at black falcon but maybe at the EDIC garage instead for the week and a day? I'm not sure that is an option but if not can move car.

You won't get the cruise pricing if you don't leave when you get back. You also will need to move to the EDIC garage which is open all the time, versus the cruise only lots which are only open when a cruise ship is there. It might just be easier to move the car to whichever hotel you choose. When do you plan to do this? Head of the Charles is October 21-22. If its that weekend, forget about reasonable.

We are still talking about it!

With Hotwire he who hesitates is lost.

We've booked Hotwire Boston hotels a number of times and have always gotten what we expected, if not better. Any 4* hotel in Back Bay or the Seaport is going to be just fine. I'm less keen on the Theater District for anything under 4* because my husband has stayed in most of those hotels during snowstorms. I'm neutral on the other downtown areas because the hotel locations tend to be in office areas that are more deserted at night. The Seaport area is also office buildings, but it now has a wide selection of restaurants and you can easily walk along the waterfront.