Is Seville worth a visit?

sapphire4

I agree, while it is well worth a visit it is a long, hot journey. If you don't mind the journey the destination is fascinating.

Seville is beautiful and has lots of amazing things to see and do so a day off a ship would scratch the surface at best but you would see at least some of the best bits.

If you have seen all there is to see in Cadiz there are other shorter trips usually available eg a tour of Jerez.

I went to Seville from Cadiz last week,,on another cruise line,,it was fabulous. It was about an hour and 40 mins on the coach,,straight there, no stops. It's a beautiful city,,but they don't call it the oven of Spain for nothing! It was flat and easy to navigate though. For me, Seville was the highlight of the cruise.

Seville is a beautiful city with lots to see and an easy-to-navigate central part. The Alcazar and Cathedral with the Giralda Tower are the highlights. If you have already seen Cadiz I'd recommend Seville.

Book a cruise on Adonia.She sails up the river and docks in the centre of Seville. It is an excellent port.

Just doing that one on Adonia next March. Also overnights in Bordeaux. We've done it before and it's wonderful.

Just been (for the second time) to Seville and (for the first time) to Bordeaux on Adonia and both are gorgeous.

In my opinion Bordeaux is slightly better because there is more to see, but both are very much worth visiting.

Be aware that Seville is hot. It's not known as the hottest City in Europe for nothing! It was 41 degrees C when we were there 3 yrs ago, and it was 38 degrees a week and a half ago.

Highly recommended. [emoji4]

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Seville is one of Spain's loveliest cities. However, a day from a cruise ship just doesn't do it justice.

Exactly, the best time to experience Seville is late in the evening. However it is a rare cruise itinerary that allows for this, so the only way to do so is by staying there.

Thanks for that. Will keep an eye on the temperatures as that's one of the reasons I holiday early and late in the season.Its our last port so I may book on the ship. Am going to book Santiago de Compostela before we travel as that's our first port.

I can recommend Seville. We were on Adonia in Seville 9th/10th this month. The Sail into and out of Seville was truly amazing. We ran out of time in Seville for our site seeing, so we are planning flying out for a long weekend, when the weather cools!!!!!!