Earliest you have been at the Miami Airport?

caymancouple

I am retired airline...we can't make reservations, we show up at the gate and if there is an empty seat, we get to go. Trying to figure out what the earliest flight out of Miami on a Sunday I have a shot at making. So how early yhave you been off the ship and at the Miami airport? Thanks

I would say a flight of around 11:00 AM would be doable.

Keith

Keith,

If it's an international flight at 11.50am, would you suggest completing the express disembarkation? I know we've had long queues previously at FL when leaving the ship, is it the same at Miami?

TIA

I would say anything earlier than 11:00 is a crap shoot, and earlier than 10:00 is really pushing it. It's the usual - it all depends. We have had a couple cruises where due to customs delays we were not even allowed to disembark until 9:30 (I mean no one). While that is rare it can happen. One of those two cruises was out of FLL. On most other cruises with express disembarkation we could have been at the airport by 8:30ish.

Last February we self disembarked Reflection @ Port of Miami and were at MIA before 8 AM. Everything went smoothly, but as others have mentioned there could be unforeseen delays.

Scrabble6 We were on that cruise assume you were close behind us we lined up second to disembark and were at MIA before 8:00 AM. Apparently there was a escalator break down behind us causing delays. So it can change even within the same cruise disembarking.

Al