Hello US Cruisers

57eric

I can only locate outfit that will book P&O from the US. Should I be looking harder, or is there truly a monopoly?

Thanks.

This may sound a stupid question, are you from the United States? Most people put at least their state into the profile or UK people a county or town.

Regards John

I guess that P&O only has one outlet in the US as it is first and foremost a British cruise line. You will find the majority of passengers are British. You also need to know that the eight ships offer different experiences - adult only, family, big, small etc so you do need to choose the right ship for you. Having said that I am sure you will have a great time as long as you are ok with UK food!!

Of course I meant my original post to say "I can only locate ONE outfit that will book P&O from the US." Thanks everyone for seeing through my sloppy typing and not calling me out on it.

Now that we've established that there is only one US outlet (which shall not be named, even though there is no competition), have cruisers had satisfactory experience with it? How do the deposit requirements compare to booking directly with the UK?

Just remember that if you book a P&O cruise you do so at your peril.

No refundable deposits.......

No honouring of price drops, which are very common...........

No additional travel agent perks..............

Stick with the US , you always get a better deal.

I believe P&O does not work with anyone else. I'm not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are marketed at the British people, other nationalities are welcome. The on board experience will be a bit alien to many non-British citizens especially on the entertainments side where jokes will go over peoples heads and the tribute acts might bewilder and Tom O'Connor doing his talk on the Comedians and other nostalgic things which appeared on the TV in the 1970's might be difficult to understand. Any foreigner who wants to immerse themselves in our culture will find them excellent and reasonably priced.

Regards John

They are marketed at the British people, other nationalities are welcome. The on board experience will be a bit alien to many non-British citizens especially on the entertainments side where jokes will go over peoples heads and the tribute acts might bewilder and Tom O'Connor doing his talk on the Comedians and other nostalgic things which appeared on the TV in the 1970's might be difficult to understand. Any foreigner who wants to immerse themselves in our culture will find them excellent and reasonably priced.

Regards John

Now why would that necessarily be a problem for our US friends, did you feel that your experience on Princess was alien, and there are plenty of UK passengers who just love RCI. I think there are far more similarities between us than differences, in fact our experiences on Princess and Celebrity have shown that the stereotyping of Americans in our media is far more fiction than fact, they are much more like us, just a little more extrovert.